IW STi Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru WRX STI Limited
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Nice wheels! I'm running All seasons with no issues. I'm in Northern VA so I think an High Performance A/S suites me well as we don't get enough snow to warrant a dedicated tire. You car is coming together nicely!
Thanks! I'm excited for them, although I kind of hate the center caps. I may have figured out a way to do some decent looking STI center caps on them, but waiting for things to come in....​
Damn, didn't realize you were in NOVA! You aren't too far at all, I'm in central Maryland. Will have to get together for a meet or something soon! But yes, I think the all seasons will be just fine for me, and if I do want to get nicer wheels in the future these will make some killer winter wheels.​
Edit: (poorly done) Photoshop of STI center caps on these wheels. I definitely like this more.​
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks! I'm excited for them, although I kind of hate the center caps. I may have figured out a way to do some decent looking STI center caps on them, but waiting for things to come in....​
Damn, didn't realize you were in NOVA! You aren't too far at all, I'm in central Maryland. Will have to get together for a meet or something soon! But yes, I think the all seasons will be just fine for me, and if I do want to get nicer wheels in the future these will make some killer winter wheels.​
Edit: (poorly done) Photoshop of STI center caps on these wheels. I definitely like this more.​
Nice looking wheels. Are they casted or Rotary forged/Flow Formed? I know about Rota but no actual experience with them. Depending on the cap, you may be able to modify them like I did with my Enkei caps.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
309 Posts
nice build!!! what are your plans next?
i came from a heavily modded b8.5 s4, it was making close to 480whp. unfortunately, i blew a rod and had to make a decision, whether to build the motor or get into something else. I owned a 2011 STI and i loved it. so i pulled the trigger on a WRB STI, still awaiting delivery. i look at Audis now and i hope i don't miss the s4. i will do little things here and there. I agree that the STI front end is not as aggressive as the scatpack . i think some drop, aggressive wheels would change that. At least, that what im planning to do , come the summer. I'm planning to buy a slightly used c6 corvette as a dedicated" summer /fun car" if my finances can swing it. However, right now, the used market price is completely ridiculous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice looking wheels. Are they casted or Rotary forged/Flow Formed? I know about Rota but no actual experience with them. Depending on the cap, you may be able to modify them like I did with my Enkei caps.
Yeah see, that is exactly what I want to do! I may end up modifying the stock caps, as the new ones I bought didn't fit right, but I was hoping to keep the stock caps in case I feel like changing it up. And they are cast, as far as I know, as I don't think Rota does any forged or flow formed wheels. I wasn't that pressed, as I figured this was something cheap to get me started on this car, and they'll likely just turn into winter wheels at some point anyway.​

nice build!!! what are your plans next?
i came from a heavily modded b8.5 s4, it was making close to 480whp. unfortunately, i blew a rod and had to make a decision, whether to build the motor or get into something else. I owned a 2011 STI and i loved it. so i pulled the trigger on a WRB STI, still awaiting delivery. i look at Audis now and i hope i don't miss the s4. i will do little things here and there. I agree that the STI front end is not as aggressive as the scatpack . i think some drop, aggressive wheels would change that. At least, that what im planning to do , come the summer. I'm planning to buy a slightly used c6 corvette as a dedicated" summer /fun car" if my finances can swing it. However, right now, the used market price is completely ridiculous.
Thanks! Next up now that I have the wheels (I'll have to get a picture soon), I plan on finishing my air setup and get the suspension fully dialed in. I think all of my focus at this point will be on exterior modifications, as I'm not super in love with the styling on this body still, and then I'll get back into motor stuff. Congrats on the purchase, hope you get it soon and can start enjoying it! I thinkt he plan for a C6 is a great one, I actually would love to do something like that eventually. Or at least something LS swapped, as I do want to get back into the V8 game at some point. But yeah, wait out this market, it's too crazy right now to buy multiple cars.​

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
11/29/2021 - Got the new shoes on:
After I got back from my work trip to Vegas (sucked), my tires came in to Costco. I very quickly ended up regretting ordering through them, as even with the massive discount I received, the customer service was some of the worst I had experienced. They ended up losing my tires and had my come back and forth a few times, with different managers telling me different things. I was about ready to just walk away and go somewhere else, but decided to go through with it after speaking to one last manager. I was able worried that they might mess things up, but he assured me a little bit of stretch wouldn't be an issue, and they actually game out great. The only thing I am bummed about is the ugly silver weights, so I will be taking them off soon to paint those and hide them better.​

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

All in all, I actually do really like them. They poke out a bit, which I don't love at this ride heigh, but I know once I'm on air it will probably be a pretty damn flush fit due to the camber when aired out. I am REALLY glad I decided to lower it on springs for now, as going to 18" wheels would have given me so much more wheel gap than I even have now. Air can't come soon enough.​
Wheel specs again for easy reference:​
Rota Strike in speed bronze - 18x9.5" +38; Michelin Pilot Spot 4 A/S 245/35/18​

21 - 26 of 26 Posts