IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
I can't say I'll be this way for long, I have posted pretty much everywhere I can asking to swap trunks. I miss having the wing... 馃槶

Honestly the car gets pretty much zero attention right now, and I'm not sure how much the wing has to do with it. It's probably because it is stock as shit, but I'm sure the lip spoiler just makes the car seem so unassuming as well.
The WRX and STI without the Wing is somewhat plain looking (compared to most new cars that have a bolder designs) that most non-car people won't give it a second glance (which can be a good thing). I'm in my 40s and took the wing off, cause I thought I was too old for it. But for some reason I just enjoy the car more with it, so it's back on. I haven't had any issues with people trying to race me or the Cops with the wing. I do think if I had to deal with bro-street racers, I'd rethink my stance.

Registered
Nice wheels! I'm running All seasons with no issues. I'm in Northern VA so I think an High Performance A/S suites me well as we don't get enough snow to warrant a dedicated tire. You car is coming together nicely!

Registered
I actually really like the fit of that wheel\tire combo on stock ride height. it looks very functional (and I mean that as a compliment).
Yeah it looks lowered, for my taste it's perfect. Seems like when folks run a 18x9.5+38 w/265/35 it creates more wheel gap.

Registered
I missed it earlier but I see the OP listed in his build that it on lowering springs so not stock ride height. With that though, I think it looks great
Ha..ha...I missed that too! I thought he was going straight to air....well this makes more sense now.

Registered
Yupp! The center caps themselves are Amazon specials, and they are a tiny bit loose in the wheel itself. I threw some butyl tape around the rim to keep them in, hopefully they will stay put. I only got two of them on, since my dumb ass forgot that my torque wrench is on the frits and overtightened the locking lug on my rear passenger wheel....snapped the lock right into the lug. Have a new set of locks and the key itself coming (hopefully) soon, and will finish up the other two wheels.

Got my OEM rain guards and my front lip for Xmas, but I'm not sure I'm feeling the front lip to be honest...I'm waiting to put it on as I listed it for sale, but if it doesn't go within a week I'll just throw it on. Have 3 other things coming very soon too... :p
Nice! I kinda wish the current OEM center caps had that design. Did you get the OEM front lip or a different one?

Registered
I honestly quite like the stock center caps, I was debating trying to find a way to somehow make a custom cap involving them....I may in the future for nicer wheels lol. I went with the Bayson R MPX style lip...I really liked it in the photos from certain angles, but realized the empty space in person feels like a lot for my taste. I think I'm going to go with their VR style lip instead, if I can find a buyer for this current one. Whatever I go with will be painted a textured black to try to get closer to the stock front bumper area, although I know I won't be able to emulate the texture on that part.

Small update.... I just pulled the trigger on the rest of my air setup. It should be here Monday!
I get what your saying about the empty space. I'm running the VR style. I'm on my second one, I destroyed the first one only after a month going up my drive way. I spent the time on the first one to paint it using a flat black. It looked good, but with the second one, I just put it on raw as I didn't have the time/patience to paint it again. Both of them started to crack at the seam where it mounts in the wheel well, but these things are so cheap that I'll just keep replacing as needed. I ran the BaysonR OEM style on my 2016 WRX with zero issues. The fitment of the VR is excellent though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts