IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sti pictures

Schroth Rallye 4 Harness/Soloracer.Com Review

I decided despite the extra bolstering of the STi seats, I still needed a harness to keep my butt in the seat. :) I looked at several options and brands, but finally settled on a Schroth Rallye 4.

I ordered the harness from SoloRacer.Com, and Brett there was extremely helpful to me in getting me the harness that I ordered to me when I needed it. Service from him and his company is top notch, from the first email reply back to me within 20 minutes of emailing him for information, to a great packing job to make sure the harness arrived safe and sound.

So, for the install, here is what you need:

12MM and 14MM closed/open ended wrenches
12MM and 14MM sockets, with a DEEP 14MM socket
Torque wrench (optional)
One (or two) Schroth Rallye 4 harnesses
Instructions (this site is helpful
Approx 1 to 3 hours of your time depending on your skill level

The instructions I listed above were very helpful and valid in every way for the STi with one exception in my opinion. Don't even try to install the right lapbelt to the stock lapbelt buckle/bracket like it says in the instructions. It is way to tough to get any tools up in there and you dont want to mess up your stock seatbelt buckle! :( I attached the right lapbelt to the right rear seat mount bolt. To do this you just pull the plastic bolt cover up, loosen the 14MM bolt and slip the harness plate behind it. I think this method is better anyway, as it will keep the lapbelts mounted paralell with each other no matter how far back or forward you have the seat.

Usage Notes

When in use, the harness works GREAT. Had no problem keeping me in my seat, and I could get the harness nice and tight versus the RCI harness I had in my RS. The Schroth build quality is HEADS above the Sabelt, Sparco, and RCI harness belts I have dealt with. Worth the extra $$, you bet!

It tucks away really easily under the seat once you disconnect the tail strap, which lays unobtrusively on the rear seat. You could even tuck most of that into the rear seat, so it would appear that you don't have a harness installed at all, unless one where to go on a real hunting expedition. :) Big plus! :D

Overall, I am really happy with this first performance mod to my car. I will post pics soon of the finished product...

·
Registered
273 Posts
How much was it? DO you have any pics of it installed?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was around 155 for the harness itself + shipping...

Pics to come...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks very nice. Thanks for posting the pics. I am considering getting one myself. How quickly and how difficult is it to go from "harness to no harness"?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Just wanted to confirm it for ya

Very nice. I noticed I couldn't view the pics unless I logged in. I also noticed I could post in this forum WITHOUT logging in. Is that how you intended to set the permissions, JJ?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
JJ said:
Schroth Stowed away. Harness? What harness?
that's the tail on the back seat right? what about the lap belt when the tail is disconnected? i.e. can you stow that stuff too??

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You stow the lap/shoulder belts under the seat easily. The tail belt is really the only belt that will "show" at all.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Hey that is cool, check out this one from Recaro

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Yeah, it is a bargain basement price of $349

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I heard that it was 15 WHP!!! :lol:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I could be seeing things...........but that looks like Pink at the bottom :wink:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts