IW STi Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 Subaru WRX STI Limited
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Some daytime shots of the Subispeed TR tail lights, as promised. These are the red lens on clear reflector, as I wanted to keep a semi OEM look.​
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

I also figured I'd show my little fire extinguisher setup, as I really felt like I should have one just in case. I know having it in the trunk isn't the best idea for accessibility, but I really didn't want to do one mounted to the front seat rail to annoy my wife and figured this was at least better than nothing.​
Liquid Automotive lighting Fluid Drinkware Drink

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Got my rear diffuser in, which is the Duraflex CS style in fiberglass. I knew it was going to be pretty meh quality, as it is a fiberglass knockoff of a carbon part. It honestly just isn't good and is so far below my expectations that I emailed the company I bought it from to see if I can get a refund. The fiberglass is really rough and unevenly shaped, which I kind of figured would be the case, but the mounting holes were not properly filled/bonded and fell apart completely while I was mounting them. I don't have confidence that the part will stay mounted properly even if I am able to refinish things properly.​
Sky Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire Vehicle registration plate

If they won't offer me a refund, I'll likely just try my best to make it work for the time being and save up to buy a legitimate Chargespeed one down the line. I do love the overall idea of a fairly OEM-looking diffuser instead of the more aggressive options out there, but I really don't want to spend $700-800 on a rear diffuser.​

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Ordered a little something from Grimmspeed, as I just couldn't resist their recent announcement. Hoping it will be here soon. 🙃​
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

I also got to meet another member last night, @sawthesti , and developed a little wing-envy. I think it kind of solidified my wanting a wing over the duckbill, but it is interesting to see them both side by side. It was also great hanging out with another CWP STI owner, I think we both have pretty similar future plans so I am excited to see how ours evolve together!​
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Phase 1 complete.​
So if you have paid attention to the layout of my build thread, I have it broken down into various stages / phases to kind of coordinate the progress on things. I had two items left for my first stage, but honestly I don't know if I'll be finishing those anytime soon and they don't feel like a priority for what I want to focus on right now. I am going to consider the first stage of my build done now, and think its kind of a nice opportunity to show what the first 6 months of progress look like.​

September 28th, 2021
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

April 11th, 2022
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

· Registered
2,142 Posts
dang that thing looks good. where in MD are you?

I actually live in front royal and work out in chantilly va. and used to work at mach v lol. so you really arent that far from me. i need to find more shows to go to this summer (ideally i'd like to just race but i'm also the poor, as i JUST got married so i'm still financially recovering from that lol)

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
found your page

yes sir!! yea i was on 18s as well on the TEs, but the 2lbs difference per corner didnt get me to change my mind going back to 19s
Yeah, I am not in a position myself to care enough about weight savings on wheels. I think eventually I wouldn't mind shaving off a few pounds here and there, but I don't plan to track my car.​

dang that thing looks good. where in MD are you?

I actually live in front royal and work out in chantilly va. and used to work at mach v lol. so you really arent that far from me. i need to find more shows to go to this summer (ideally i'd like to just race but i'm also the poor, as i JUST got married so i'm still financially recovering from that lol)
Oh nice, I haven't been down to MachV in person yet, but I have bought a ton from them. I'm in Columbia / Central Maryland, but I run a car club in the area and would love to have more Subarus! We tend to go to restaurants / breweries to actually engage with each other, no bangers / reckless shit. Ritual Motor Club is the name, @ritualmotorclub on Instagram.​

· Registered
2,142 Posts
Yeah, I am not in a position myself to care enough about weight savings on wheels. I think eventually I wouldn't mind shaving off a few pounds here and there, but I don't plan to track my car.​

Oh nice, I haven't been down to MachV in person yet, but I have bought a ton from them. I'm in Columbia / Central Maryland, but I run a car club in the area and would love to have more Subarus! We tend to go to restaurants / breweries to actually engage with each other, no bangers / reckless shit. Ritual Motor Club is the name, @ritualmotorclub on Instagram.​
lol nice. well post here cause this is about as far as my social media goes. I was locked out of fb/ig a while ago and never got back on. I should make another fb soley for track subies group. but i doubt i will lol. but that actually sounds pretty fun. i used to hang out with nova subarus ALL the time. havent seen those guys in forever since i havent been on fb. but i'd be down to come out to some things this summer

· Registered
11 Posts

exactly, i wasnt planning on tracking either, so i went back to 19s, i went to 18s on the TEs to see any clearance issues but its all good, i went back to 19s i got tips from others that the wheel clearance on bags is pretty good

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
lol nice. well post here cause this is about as far as my social media goes. I was locked out of fb/ig a while ago and never got back on. I should make another fb soley for track subies group. but i doubt i will lol. but that actually sounds pretty fun. i used to hang out with nova subarus ALL the time. havent seen those guys in forever since i havent been on fb. but i'd be down to come out to some things this summer
We do have a website as well, which I need to update a bit, but I was posting our events on the calendar there as well. www.ritualmotor.club
But yeah, I hear you, I only use Facebook for the car clubs as well, I ignore basically everything else.​

exactly, i wasnt planning on tracking either, so i went back to 19s, i went to 18s on the TEs to see any clearance issues but its all good, i went back to 19s i got tips from others that the wheel clearance on bags is pretty good
Ah well that's good, it does fit the car a little better I think, but I still prefer smaller wheels overall so I'm going to stick with 18s. I went back and forth a LOT on that though before I chose these wheels, you have no idea how many photos I looked at lol.​
I received my GrimmSpeed bypass valve, and man it sounds good! I know it is effectively an expensive noisemaker at this point, but since I was looking to eventually do a blowoff valve for nostalgic purposes down the line, I think having a little bit of fun noise is great. It doesn't hurt that it just looks better than the stock one too:​
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Also getting that fit dialed in a bit better, but I have gone back and forth on the spacer idea a few times. My original plan was 10mm spacers in the rear and 5mm in the front, but I ended up installing the 5mm in the rear and feeling pretty good. The rears weren't as flush as I was hoping for, but they were even with the fronts and I wouldn't have to worry about swapping the studs out. Well, I have changed my mind again, and think I'm going to go with the original plan when I have the energy to swap the studs out.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
First on the list of stupid "why did you even both mods"? RHD instrument panel with push-button start relocation. Why? Why not, idk. I need to extend the harness for my push-button start to actually get it moved over fully, and then I am going to find a blind spot button to go in that blank spot to fill it in and retain functionality. I also have a new button cap coming soon as well.​

Edit; I deleted the other photo, it was just really bad. But the good news is that I got my new button as well, so the new photos will work better anyway.​
White Steering part Car Personal luxury car Steering wheel

Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Fixture Font

61 - 80 of 90 Posts