IW STi Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Subaru WRX STI Limited
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
01/10/2022 - Spoiler alert:

Received my duckbill spoiler from 3aMotor on Amazon, and honestly I'm shocked with how great the quality is. I wasn't expecting anything near this nice for the money, but had seen people posting on Reddit saying it was high quality. The paint match is perfect (unlike my rear splash guards I got from Subispeed...), and the fit was really good. I did have to use a heat gun on the very ends to get the adhesive to stick down better, since it was about 30 degrees out and there aren't any bolts or clips on the ends.​
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car

The bag setup is coming along nicely, I have a few pieces I am finishing up for the new trunk floor and the spare tire area, and also waiting on new leader lines for the struts. Hopefully everything should be installed by this weekend.​

Premium Member
How did the Michelin A/S tires do in the snow? My experience has been that outside of really icy conditions, All Seasons on the STI work fine. But I'm always curious about other folks experiences. . .

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
How did the Michelin A/S tires do in the snow? My experience has been that outside of really icy conditions, All Seasons on the STI work fine. But I'm always curious about other folks experiences. . .
So I haven't really gotten into the bad weather enough to really speak to them, but the short time I was out in them the other week they felt great. It was just during a heavy snowfall, so there wasn't any ice or compacted snow yet to get a feel for those conditions, but I am hoping I'll have another opportunity soon when I can actually get away from my desk.​
I had watched this video prior to deciding on them, and it really seems like they perform quite well in cold weather conditions, keeping up quite a bit with the winter tires.​

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Since I'm nearing the end of my air install, I figured I'd post up a little teaser of my trunk setup so far... It is sad that this won't really be seen since it will be in the spare tire area, but I still like to make things pretty.​

Musical instrument Automotive tire Hood Guitar Guitar accessory

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Added links in my modifications description, including Amazon affiliate links for things purchased there (apologies, but hey every little bit of extra money helps!). Also updated my planned modifications a bit, as I had a bit of a change of plans with things.​
I don't LOVE the Chargespeed / BaysonR CS style rear spats, but I have seen confirmation that they fit on the rear splash guards. I decided to try the HT Autos / eBay special rear spats and modify them to see if I could get them to fit right, but after getting them in....they just aren't going to work. I like how they would look if I didn't have the rear splash guards, but I'm not willing to sacrifice those to make these happen. I am going to try the CS style ones once BaysonR has them in stock again (and will order side skirts at the same time, I think they said both should be in stock within the next two weeks) and see if I can just install them slightly further into the body so they don't protrude so much.​
Also received my RokBlokz splash guards, which I opted for instead of mudflaps. I'm not really a fan of how big most mud flaps are, and how much they stick out. I know none are supposed to fit with the rear aero splash guards, so I am making a little spacer to help them fit. I will have to adjust placement on the rears so they look right, but I think I can make it work.​
Last but not least, I picked up a rear foglight but opted to get a cheap one off Amazon since I felt like it fit the style of the stock tail lights more, and do have a modification in mind that will make them REALLY match my planned tail lights in the future. No photos, for now, I'll have to grab some later.​
Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to keep track of what I am doing for posterity.​

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Well, we have air in the system! I haven't installed the struts yet, as I have a tiny leak somewhere I need to track down, and I want to roll my fenders as I install each strut to avoid having to take the wheels off a million times. Hoping to get that done tonight after work since I have a photoshoot planned for Saturday and wouldn't mind grabbing a few shots of my own car.​

Car Hood Vehicle Product Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Trunk

I have to say I'm pretty damn proud of how everything turned out. I will probably tie up those wires a little bit more once I have the leak sorted, I just need to have access to the airlines while I diagnose. BUT, the trunk is otherwise done, completely usable, and looks OEM as hell if I do say so myself.​

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Running into a few problems with the air setup, which I know is not too unexpected due to how much is involved here. I am trying to diagnose specifically where the issue is, but I am a bit worried it is the manifold as there is some reverse leak of air going back into one of the bags after airing out. I'll get it sorted out I'm sure, but I am itching to get the car back on the road.​
For now she stays dirty in the garage, waiting for a warmer day to give her a bath:​
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

I ordered the Bayson R CS style sideskirts and rear spats since they finally came back in stock, those should be here Friday. This brings me a bit closer to completion of my first "stage" of progress, mostly just leaving the tail lights and rear diffuser.​

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
02/24/2022 - Paper or plastic? Finally on bags:

These pictures are kind of garbage, but I haven't watched my car lately and the lighting has been pretty harsh on the days I have been able to take photos, so this is the best you're going to get for now. BAGS ARE INSTALLED!​
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

This is completely 100% aired out, which I will not be doing unless I can adjust the rear coils high enough to make it work better, as it is just too low as it currently sits for me to feel comfortable for the rest of the suspension components. I just don't feel like adjusting the coils on the rear, as the way the airline is routed it would be easier to just remove the strut entirely. I'll make those adjustments later, but for now, I am dealing with a pretty major leak that I am pretty confident is coming from the manifold (the joys of buying used...:mad:), and will be replacing the fittings on my manifold tomorrow. I am really hoping this solves it, but otherwise, everything is good to go... I'll have to grab some photos of the completed trunk setup, it really turned out great!​
Edit: I almost forgot to mention, I also installed my BaysonR side skirts and rear spats, as well as my RokBlokz splash guards. Everything took a bit of customization to work with the USDM rear splash guards to fit, but I was able to make it work and am very happy with how it turned out.​

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Looks good! How fast can you raise/lower the front? It would be nice to be able to do this to navigate speed bumps and steep driveways.
Its honestly pretty quick. I do love the adaptability, but the complexity of the system is a bit of a turn off. I鈥檓 tracking down some leaks, so until I get those resolved I am going to stay a little bit skeptical and not give a full review just yet.​

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I changed my name on here since I also changed on Instagram and just wanted some consistency. BUT I did get a chance to take some better photos with my new lens, although I still feel like I can improve here a bit.​

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
\
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I forgot to post one of the photos from my last set, which features my old taillights:​
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

BUT I do now have new taillights, thanks to my wife giving me an early birthday present. I will have to get some daylight shots to show them off better, but I snagged these two shots last night after installing them:​
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

41 - 60 of 81 Posts