IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright can someone tell me how to hook up the vacuum line from the control box ?? The TINY TINY air hose?... I dont know where to hook it up to and the instructions dont really say much. Please help asap as I need this done tonight. I have the actuator setup and the screen setup... now all I need is a + and - and the vacuum hose hooked up. Thanks

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Driving school

well i got everything working but the vacuum hose... I guess I gotta figure out someway to get || wide hose to fit with a |-----| wide hose... *sigh* Pretty sweet setup tho nonetheless.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I got everything hooked up... man ... this is MUCH BETTER then a MBC... the control is awsome. Ok next problem... I am in learning mode (automatic). Ch1 = 16psi, 15psi gain, warning and buzz set at 17 psi. Alrighty then... in auto mode I expect to have 0 problems as it does everything. Right? Wrong. Ok first run 9.7 psi, second 10.5, third 11.7, then 4th 13.1.... BAM boost cut. WTH!?!? Boost cut at 13.1 psi? So what the heck is going on? I have the boost gauge reading 13.1 and the thing says my peak was 13.1, so obviously im not even near boost cut ... or even my stock psi. So what now? Should I have reset my ecu first? or what? I dont know why this is doing this? I tied the vacuum line into the gauge and both ends are plugged in just fine... *sigh* , if anyone has any idea let me know asap. Thanks

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I wish I could help, but this is one area I know nothing about. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i reset the ecu and tried again... I tried to just use stock settings. So I set CH3 to 14.5 psi, 10psi gain, 17 wanring again. STill in auto mode. I got back out and went to driving. I just drove around normally for like 5 minutes and then floored it in 5th gear (i finally had a road with a 65 mph speed limit)... made it up to 14.1 psi and then bamboost cut again and now im at a friends house, hoping some answers will pop up. Thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I hope I have it narrowed down. I didnt realize this, but I reused the stock hoses on accident (the two that come off the end of the T and just capped the T)... I dont think I should have done that. I think that the restrictors and whatnot in those hoses are throwing off something and this is what is causing my problem... unfortunately blitz didnt supply any hose to actually fit either the actuator or the compressor side... so now i gotta see if i can find a freaking place around here with vacuum hose... put the stock hoses back on the stock T and cap it off (like before) and put on the new hoses and see what happens.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man no boost for 3 days now... this is killing me. I cant wait to get some new hoses and try them out. Boost controller is set to OFF obviously so that = max psi of 7 :( my car feels sick or something with that much boost lol . Sigh* hopefully this will all be fixed soon.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tri-state championship AUTO-X

Well the new hoses fixed everything, time for tuning :) Now all I need is for UTEC to come out and throw a big monkey wrench into everything.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got Egged!

well this EBC is still throwing consistant CELs... :( can anyone help?

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Man, from reading all of your posts about the EBC, I will be waiting for the UTEC and not trying to get the EBC to work. Sounds like too much trouble. I hope for your sake that you can figure it out because I know that has to be frustrating.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally figured it out... the T supplied by Blitz to fit the tiny vacuum hose to a vacuum sorce (this time my boost gauge) had NO barbs on the ends that hook up to the boost source... so as soon as you hit boost... it'd open up just enough to leak. This then makes the SBC-ID think that its not gettin enough boost and raise and raise until BOOM CEL.... so now I have it turned off until I can go to oreily's or something and pick up an actual air hose T and use real hose all the way to the vacuum input to the brain. So this should be the fix. The way I figured it out was i got mad and started hitting parts of the hose to see if it'd leak and sure enough... at idle it was reading -9 and i hit that T and it jumped to -17... hit it again -14 hit it again - 13... so this is the leak. This should fix all my problems too. This EBC wasnt very hard to install... just make sure to use sure fitting vacuum tight parts.

That and if it runs as good as people says... (one guys setting: 58 set, 15 gain). He said he got 14 psi in 1st, 14.5 in 2nd, 15 in 3rd, 15.5 in 4th and 16 in 5 and 6th... so if its as solid as that... this EBC will be awsome.

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Cool, glad you figured it out. Now, when you have the time, come down to Texas and install mine. :lol:

Just kidding, but I am glad you figured it out.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd be glad to!! ;).

I still have the WOT fear... as I hit CEL so many times everytime it REALLY goes into boost or the wastegate opens or something changes I think its about to do it and let off... *sigh* lol only time will fix that though.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
get educated...

wow... now that it works correctly... this is a DEFINITE mod you will need. Anyone. Stock, modded... holy bejeeezzuuss. 1st / 2nd/3rd have been dramatically increased power wise, as the new solenoids can handle more power and hold itbetter i suppose... hehe that and with scramble mode, if you know how long it takes you to get out of 1st and 2nd i bet you could set it up to where you would have ~15-16psi from 1-5th, but only if you were seriously racing (drag strip and what not). Anyways... awsome mod.. definitely worth the cash, buy it from Dan (guru/god) hes a great guy to work with.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Now that you have it working properly, what settings do you have the boost controller on?

-STiLL

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have all 4 channels set 2 pts apart. (all manual mode, guru said that auto mode does wierd stuff (which it does, as it would spike sometimes and such). I have 52 / 15 (set/gain), 54, 56, 50. Im still getting a feel for it, but man, it is nice. Im probably going to go with 58/15, but im not sure. I think i will be picking up a blitz nur spec and that should affect it some, so we'll see.

Robert~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts