IW STi Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Re: Salisburyv is back!! The Beast part 2 Brentuned 569whp523wtq corn fed!!

Update: 04/25/18

New custom lip installed!! you could stand on it! 1 solid sheet of aluminum, carbon fiber vinyl wrapped. APR struts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #182

duplicate post..........

·
Registered
137 Posts

update: 4/29/18

First car show of the season. Look who got Best In Show! I was kinda surprised. 50+ cars, including a Lamborghini Huracan, Nissan GT-R, a few Lexus' ISF and RCF. Tons of nice people, lots of questions= great day!!
Well deserved, such an excellent build.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
wow!! almost 2 years. car has been down 6 months. The porcelain on a fairly new (3 months old) spark plug broke off and went thru #3 cylinder. new plugs installed and codes cleared. codes didn't return, but the cylinder obviously got damaged. so, to me, it'd only be a matter of time till it failed. As you probably guessed... i bit the bullet and put an IAG Stage 3 tuff short block in. Had the heads gone thru, had most valves replaced, all seats and guides. New timing belt/tensioners , etc... turbo reworked by Blouch. injectors rebuilt by ID. complete new fuel system, new pump, pressure reg. new fuel filter(s), new larger fuel lines and all associated parts/fittings to support 600whp. I don't have it back yet... but when i do you'll know.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
What do you mean by APR struts? I have an APR splitter. I have off-brand canards.
You could have done AlumaCorr and save a lot of weight. Commonly used by racers.
Blouch turbo? I don't see an intercooler and you have a scooped hood, so I'm assuming a TMIC? And 600 HP?
I'm through with the negativity and questions (perhaps).
The car looks great. What is its purpose? Sounds like a TT or TA car, but I'm puzzled! Seems like you are transitioning a street/show car to the track. Your HP goals are pretty far out there for someone without a team, sponsor, etc. Perhaps I'm in the dark.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
What do you mean by APR struts? I have an APR splitter. I have off-brand canards.
You could have done AlumaCorr and save a lot of weight. Commonly used by racers.
Blouch turbo? I don't see an intercooler and you have a scooped hood, so I'm assuming a TMIC? And 600 HP?
I'm through with the negativity and questions (perhaps).
The car looks great. What is its purpose? Sounds like a TT or TA car, but I'm puzzled! Seems like you are transitioning a street/show car to the track. Your HP goals are pretty far out there for someone without a team, sponsor, etc. Perhaps I'm in the dark.
Hi! you need to read my member journal to actually see the mods, and read what was done and why. i'm 6 years in, 3 engines later. I'm not complaining, quite the contrary, I appreciate the path i took. there are reasons why some of the mods aren't seen. I don't need to shout. i built the car for my enjoyment. I enjoy 600+ Hp cars. I have yet to be beaten on the street...

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Hi! you need to read my member journal to actually see the mods, and read what was done and why. i'm 6 years in, 3 engines later. I'm not complaining, quite the contrary, I appreciate the path i took. there are reasons why some of the mods aren't seen. I don't need to shout. i built the car for my enjoyment. I enjoy 600+ Hp cars. I have yet to be beaten on the street...
I've wasted enough of my time on your street racer. I disapprove.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I've wasted enough of my time on your street racer. I disapprove.
well, it's a good thing i don't care what YOU think. I built this car for me. every part, carefully chosen not just based on performance, but how well it fit in the scheme. MY scheme. You really don't share the attitude or mentality of an Sti owner. They typically have class. Move along!! Nothing for you here!!

Reactions: Choko

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Your street racing is what I disapprove of. Perhaps you didn't get that. That's what's not showing class. You give us a bad reputation. Perhaps you've never seen casualties. I have.
I don't think the typical attitude or mentality of an Sti owner is to build their car for street racing.
Why can't you leave it at the track?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
How is your experience with brentuning? I am etuned with stock turbo and fuel system right now with my 2019. I’m happy with their work. Just wondering if your etuned or dyno? Your experience? Later planning on upgraded turbo and fuel system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Your street racing is what I disapprove of. Perhaps you didn't get that. That's what's not showing class. You give us a bad reputation. Perhaps you've never seen casualties. I have.
I don't think the typical attitude or mentality of an Sti owner is to build their car for street racing.
OMG!! Street racing!!! Oh my heavens!! first, i'm probably old enough to be your father, so don't lecture me, and get off the high horse. We've all done it. I'm just honest about it. and that was a long time ago. And, finally, i don't care what you think man. Go crawl back under your rock. The adults are talking now. run along ....

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
How is your experience with brentuning? I am etuned with stock turbo and fuel system right now with my 2019. I’m happy with their work. Just wondering if your etuned or dyno? Your experience? Later planning on upgraded turbo and fuel system

My experience with Brentuning has been great. They've been helpful, but not pushy. They took the time to get to know me, and my goals. They treat my car as if it was theirs. You can't ask for anything better than that. The work is top notch too. As are the products we chose for my car. Sometimes i'll get the part straight from Japan, they have no issue installing and sorting the car out. I will never go anywhere else.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
My experience with Brentuning has been great. They've been helpful, but not pushy. They took the time to get to know me, and my goals. They treat my car as if it was theirs. You can't ask for anything better than that. The work is top notch too. As are the products we chose for my car. Sometimes i'll get the part straight from Japan, they have no issue installing and sorting the car out. I will never go anywhere else.
That’s good to here. My etuning experience with them has been very good. I do my own installs of components. I just can’t tune on my own. Just planning out my motor build up for next season.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
...i'm probably old enough to be your father,... You're not old enough to be my father unless you're around ninety. I guess that means I can stay on my high horse and lecture you, grasshopper.

We've all done it. No, we've not. You're the scofflaw. Honest about what? See the next item. Perhaps you like bragging about endangering people and breaking the laws.
... and that was a long time ago. I guess not, since you just said you were building the car for street racing!
... i don't care what you think man. Or, anyone else it seems.
...The adults are talking now. You don't talk like an adult or act like one. I have a right to be here and say my piece.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
update:06/04/20. finally picking the car up. New IAG stage 3 extreme, complete fuel system upgrade (pump, lines,filters, regulator, and fuel controller) . Lots of other small bits and pieces as well. a few suspension upgrades, new clutch , flywheel and clutch line. now to break ins the motor. took me 5 days last time to hit 1000 miles. i'll report back when i get the final tune. so looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Update: 200 miles in. And all is well. Sucks to be on break in. But I can already tell it’s gonna have some powah!!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
not that it matters, but..... The quotes you're stating... they are from 17yrs ago... my 04 Sti. i keep my racing on the track, or when i'm alone on the road. FWIW. doesn't really matter... :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
ok.... final tune numbers.... the dyne run is posted on Brentunings' IG. 603.5 whp/ 557wtq on E80. i don't know the pump numbers yet. I pick her up tomorrow!! Great Fathers day weekend ahead!!

181 - 199 of 199 Posts