IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all Sacramento/NorCal Subi-philes - we're pulling together a meetup/drive on Saturday, November 7th in the foothills East of Sacramento. Details below. DM me or reply to this post if you're interested in coming out to play!

Here's a quick map of the general route plan on the table currently - LOTS of up/down canyon roads, sampling some of the best the Foothills have to offer: CA to CA Driving Directions & Road Conditions - MapQuest.

We're gathering at Mel's Diner in Placerville Saturday morning, and plan to start the drive at around 10AM. It's @1hr 15 min drive total (1 way) between Placerville and Auburn, CA. We're planning to stop in Georgetown for brunch around 11. If you choose to take the same route out/back, figure you'll be back in Placerville by about 2, leaving you plenty of weekend to burn up on Honey Do's.

Look forward to meeting some of you all soon!

Cheers,
RickD

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Wow, this is the kind of drive/meet I've been hoping to pop up around NorCal!

Thanks for posting, will consider joining despite being in the South Bay of the SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
912 Posts
It would be great if you make the drive up from the Bay. The Fall colors should be awesome and the route is a fun drive. There were other local guys who had expressed interest in setting up a drive but they have yet to chime in. Maybe they can't make it next Saturday.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll be there if I'm not at work. I'm on call with the Railroad so I never know what my schedule looks like until the day before.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, this is the kind of drive/meet I've been hoping to pop up around NorCal!

Thanks for posting, will consider joining despite being in the South Bay of the SF Bay Area.
It'd be awesome if you can join us... I'm in the South Bay usually Monday PM through Thursday. If you can't make this drive, perhaps we can follow it up with a run up the hill (hwy 9) out of Saratoga some evening. I'm sure there's other killer roads down there, but that's the best I've found so far.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have Sat class :'(

You guys thinking of planning another one of these in the future?
Ditch! LOL

I'm sure we'll do another one. I recall that there were other locals that wanted to do something like this but maybe they haven't seen this thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow! mels diner!

back in 2001-2003, my bay area acura group and I used to drive out to sac, meet up with the sac crew, and we'd do some mega twisties driving out there all day long. back when gas was like a buck or so?

we used to stop for lunch at mels diner.

great memories back then. i still have some great group pictures we took across the street from mels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts