IW STi Forum banner

421 - 435 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Re: Sabrewings' 2009 DGM STI (updated 03/29/2014, SuperPro rear susp bushings)

Sad to see it go :(
Me too. That's why I'm trying my best to find her a good home. I put out feelers here and on FB. I really don't want to resort to CL or simply taking it to a dealer. :(

In other news, the latest UOA is in. It's been a big gap since the last one because I had stopped doing it, and then I forgot to get a sample during my last change. I only change about once a year, so that means a long gap. :lol: She's doing quite nicely, despite being twice as old as when the last sample was taken. :D

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
Re: Sabrewings' 2009 DGM STI (updated 04/24/2014, Putting her on the Market)

Let me get some opinions. If it ends up going to a dealer, which set of wheels to keep? The BBS's have a little curb rash and they're original equipment, so I feel like letting them go. I feel I could sell the Rotas with Direzza Z2s for more than the BBSs with Blizzaks.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts

Let me get some opinions. If it ends up going to a dealer, which set of wheels to keep? The BBS's have a little curb rash and they're original equipment, so I feel like letting them go. I feel I could sell the Rotas with Direzza Z2s for more than the BBSs with Blizzaks.

I would do exactly that. Maybe check around to have the BBS touched up? It should be cheaper than a full repaint, but then again the dealer might not care for that as they know they can sell a used STI no matter what. I would just go by the used price. BBS in fairly good condition usually go for around $800. I'm pretty sure you'll get double that with the Rota/Z2 combo.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #428

I would do exactly that. Maybe check around to have the BBS touched up? It should be cheaper than a full repaint, but then again the dealer might not care for that as they know they can sell a used STI no matter what. I would just go by the used price. BBS in fairly good condition usually go for around $800. I'm pretty sure you'll get double that with the Rota/Z2 combo.
It's probably not worth cleaning up to me. If the Rota/Direzza combo could be worth that much,that's the answer to me.

Thus far it's not generating much interest. A few bites and a few low balls. At this rate it'll likely be a dealer who gets it. :(

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #429

Alli is gone. I'll be leaving the journal here in its entirety for reference. I'll be popping in and out still to check on things around here and offer technical support wherever I can. It's been real fellas!

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
Haha brodozer. I forgot he mentioned something about y that. I bet he hates the first truck and gets a raptor
I'd be lying if I said I hadn't looked at Raptors. :D

In seriousness, we are looking at the 3.5L Ecoboost 2015 F-150 with max payload and max tow packages, super cab, fx4. 12k lbs tow rating means it should be pretty nice only towing the 8k lb load I have in mind for it. I've thought about a diesel, but it won't be towing but maybe 2-3% of the time and I can't justify the huge premium up front for a diesel engine. Plus, I like gas FI engines, it's in my blood now. :lol:

Looking further to the future, I have a few ideas of things to keep me interested. I might pick up a BRZ on the cheap in a couple years and toss in a turbo kit for a great cheap track car. Or, I'm toying with the idea of using my beater Forester in some rally-x just for the fun of it. Not particularly fast (EJ253), but light and lots of suspension travel. Plus I don't care about how it looks. I think being down on power would be a nice challenge to hone in cornering efficiency. Plus there's a world of upgrades out there all the way up to an STI swap. :cool:

Good luck! Thanks for the Setting Saver! :)
Thanks! And enjoy!

421 - 435 of 435 Posts