IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen/performed such an install? Did a forum and google search and haven't found anyone who's thrown a DRL + fog light bezel on '18+ STi limiteds; plenty on '15+ WRXs but that's about it.
Is it an awful idea that everyone has avoided for a reason I missed? In theory it seems simple enough: DRL bezel install is pretty common on '18+ STis, and adding fog lights in general is more/less straightforward. Did I miss something about my assumptions here? Any threads hidden out there that have tackled this on this model? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Has anyone seen/performed such an install? Did a forum and google search and haven't found anyone who's thrown a DRL + fog light bezel on '18+ STi limiteds; plenty on '15+ WRXs but that's about it.
Is it an awful idea that everyone has avoided for a reason I missed? In theory it seems simple enough: DRL bezel install is pretty common on '18+ STis, and adding fog lights in general is more/less straightforward. Did I miss something about my assumptions here? Any threads hidden out there that have tackled this on this model? Thanks!
Isn’t the bezel different on the 19 and up? That’s why nobody has done it? It’s certainly different than my 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can't speak for other people but my ability to work on cars is very basic, ability to do electrical work is nearly non-existence. With the deletion of fog lights on the 18+ STIs, that also makes install more complicated for someone of my skill level. I was hoping someone would come out with a true PnP harness for the JDM LED bezels but at least as of now, I don't believe anyone has. Because of this, it actually gave me even more of a justification in going with the S208/S209 bezels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't speak for other people but my ability to work on cars is very basic, ability to do electrical work is nearly non-existence. With the deletion of fog lights on the 18+ STIs, that also makes install more complicated for someone of my skill level. I was hoping someone would come out with a true PnP harness for the JDM LED bezels but at least as of now, I don't believe anyone has. Because of this, it actually gave me even more of a justification in going with the S208/S209 bezels.
Same same - I try not to fry ECUs just popping the hood. I've got an ME and experience in EE, but that just lets me know how much i still don't know. If you're willing to go reproduction/not true JDM I think you could get away with this?:
SubiSpeed DRL bezel install + wiring
I believe they get away with an easier install option (via an add-a-fuse) due to not being built to the JDM design. But that's only valid if you're willing to go reproduction JDM vs. true JDM. A call into SubiSpeed could confirm why those are easier than the "alright, go find this bundle and t-tap" option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn’t the bezel different on the 19 and up? That’s why nobody has done it? It’s certainly different than my 2015
I believe MY18-20 share the same front bezel; and you're correct in that they are certainly different from the 2015 MY (which, IMO, were nice b/c they had the foggies).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Same same - I try not to fry ECUs just popping the hood. I've got an ME and experience in EE, but that just lets me know how much i still don't know. If you're willing to go reproduction/not true JDM I think you could get away with this?:
SubiSpeed DRL bezel install + wiring
I believe they get away with an easier install option (via an add-a-fuse) due to not being built to the JDM design. But that's only valid if you're willing to go reproduction JDM vs. true JDM. A call into SubiSpeed could confirm why those are easier than the "alright, go find this bundle and t-tap" option.
There has been a few "PnP" setups that are not truly PnP, IMO, the fact that an add-a-fuse and t-taps being involved in the install makes them NOT a PnP. I did just came across this on SubiBros (https://subiebros.com/2018-wrx-limited-and-sti-turn-signal-plug-and-play-harness/) which does what I think it does. You may want to reach out to them and confirm if this is something you are interested in. Please keep us updated on this topic, I am always interested in learning more even if I am no longer in the market for front bezels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts