IW STi Forum banner

401 - 416 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
What color do you have, and what do you think about it.
Could I please trouble you for a favor? Can you please post a shot of the rear mufflers, do they say STi on them? I'm trying to decide if I want to adhere to the OEM build goal for my Type RA and spend a small fortune on the OEM mufflers.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Could I please trouble you for a favor? Can you please post a shot of the rear mufflers, do they say STi on them? I'm trying to decide if I want to adhere to the OEM build goal for my Type RA and spend a small fortune on the OEM mufflers.
I really wanted them, but haven't been able to stomach the price yet. They do indeed have the STi logo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think only on the exhaust tips and not the mufflers.

This is a photo of the S207, I think they (S207, S208 and S209) all share the same STI exhaust.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Here’s my left side muffler side shot:

Right muffler

Only the outboard tips has the STi logo

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thank you everyone for the prompt responses, I appreciate it! I've got plenty to debate in my own mind now - are axlebacks worth $2k? XD

I've got to say, I'm always impressed with this forum versus Nasioc, thank you guys again!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you everyone for the prompt responses, I appreciate it! I've got plenty to debate in my own mind now - are axlebacks worth $2k? XD

I've got to say, I'm always impressed with this forum versus Nasioc, thank you guys again!
If all you want is for it to say “STI”, you might as well just buy a used SPT exhaust and put that on the car, or, and this will sound silly, find a shop to laser STI onto your current exhaust tips.

I know, the JDM/STI parts obsession is a serious illness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the SPT exhaust on my 2015. It sound awesome. The STI exhaust on my S209 is super quiet. Too quiet. It does seem to be getting louder as I get more miles on the car. I only have 1100 miles on it so far. But they sure are sexy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the SPT exhaust on my 2015. It sound awesome. The STI exhaust on my S209 is super quiet. Too quiet. It does seem to be getting louder as I get more miles on the car. I only have 1100 miles on it so far. But they sure are sexy.
$65,000 for a boring exhaust sound...tell us again how it's worth it? Ever hear a stock $65,000 GT350R?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Got some unexpected gift today from STi...Super excited....Opened the box and saw the "Kyosho" packaging tape, reminds me of my old radio control car days! Mini-me of my STi! Thank you very much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
S209 owner here. #92. Traded my 2 week old 2019 Civic Type R for it. I’ll do a review of the differences later on. I don’t regret the change...well the one thing...we’ll actually two things I missed about my Type-R was the ultra smooth stick and the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I paid pretty much MSRP plus I lost a few thousand on the trade so essentially over $70+ for the S209. Obviously to me the S209 was worth it. Is it a significantly better car than the Type-R? In certain areas yes and others no. Some people think it’s crazy to pay this much for a Subaru...I could care less what others think. I enjoy the car for what it is. I have no illusions that it may or may not go up in value. It’s one of my daily drivers. Life is short; here one day gone the next, however that doesn’t mean one lives paycheck to paycheck to afford a car or whatever it might be...everything in moderation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've seen a few owners claim that they've paid MSRP.. even one owner said they managed $1k under MSRP. Then there are dealerships asking up to $130k with ADM.

401 - 416 of 416 Posts