IW STi Forum banner

381 - 400 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
With all of that being said, and going back to the S209. STI did a great job with this car. You can tell that a lot of engineering went into this car. It is not just an STI with a bunch of parts thrown at it. This is a completely tuned car. It would be hard to build a car yourself that handles like this. We don't have access to the engineers and the millions of dollars it takes to complete a package like this. Yes, you could mod your car for months or years and not get something this balanced. When you build a car, there is always something more to do. You change one part and then you have to change 5 more so that everything works together. This process seems to never end. With the S209, this is already done. I love the way this car handles. The only thing I would do is to get a tune. No mods, just a tune. Once again, just my two cents. Everyone's driving conditions are different, this car suits mine perfectly. Thanks.

Pit Boss

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it just as nose heavy as the normal STi? IMO that's the worst thing about our cars. all that weight so far forward.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Let me preface my post by saying i’ve been a member of this forum for a loooong time, and no matter what cars I’ve graduated to, I always come back here. But anyways, are all 209 S209’s spoken for? I need a white one...

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Let me preface my post by saying i’ve been a member of this forum for a loooong time, and no matter what cars I’ve graduated to, I always come back here. But anyways, are all 209 S209’s spoken for? I need a white one...

Not at all there are a few S209's left unsold. Seems to more blue than white though.

Finding one without additional dealer markup may be a challenge depending on where you live. Search Autotrader nationwide there are a few white S209's listed at sticker.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It looks like there's at least ~40 or so still available. Since the supply appears to exceed the demand (at the $65k+ ADM price point), the prices will likely start to drop later in the year like with the Type RA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a white #129 S209. I love my car. It's an amazing piece of machinery. My daily driving experience is different than most of you. I live in the mountains of Nor Cal. Lots of sharp, wet, twisting roads. This car is built for me. I own 4 Subaru vehicles(and some others). they are a 2007 STI Limited, 2007 Legacy Spec B(highly modified), very early 2015 STI Limited, and the S209. I drive these cars extremely hard daily. I can say from experience that this car lives up to its hype. It makes my 2015 STI feel like a mini van. You can mod a car for a long time, and a lot of money, and still not get something as balanced as this. Now there are cars out there that are better than this car in one way or another. Subarus aren't the best at anything, but they are great at everything. And the S209 is the best of them in real world driving. I went back and forth between the GT500 and the S209. It was an extremely hard choice. After all, I already own a bunch of Subarus. It all came down to where I live and the way I drive. My daily drive is like Laguna Seca in my backyard. Needless to say I'm stoked I went with the S209. I wouldn't have been able to let the mustang do what it does best where I live. The S209 amazes me every time that I take it out. That being said, I'm still learning how to drive it. It's so different from my 2015, that it doesn't even feel like the same car. Just my 2 cents. Thanks everyone and have a great day.

Pit Boss
You picked an S209 over a GT500. Nobody will ever take you seriously again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It looks like there's at least ~40 or so still available. Since the supply appears to exceed the demand (at the $65k+ ADM price point), the prices will likely start to drop later in the year like with the Type RA.
Only a moron would pay an ADM on this car. Just wait...the new Nissan Z is coming with 400bhp for 40k...but let's talk about how this $65k Subbie with 341 horses is worth it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Only a moron would pay an ADM on this car. Just wait...the new Nissan Z is coming with 400bhp for 40k...but let's talk about how this $65k Subbie with 341 horses is worth it.
There’s a child in Uganda that thinks you’re crazy for going to Starbucks 4x a week to spend $24 on a venti caramel machiatto because that $ can feed him for a month.

You do it because you can. End of discussion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think you didn't read my post very well. First off. I love the new Mustangs. I think that the new coyote platform is one of the best American engines since the invention of the Hemi. I would love to own one. I've driven plenty of them, and they are a blast to drive. The feeling of getting sideways with minimal effort puts a huge smile on my face. But once again, I live in a place where this is a super dangerous. My little stretch of road kills too many people every year. Not your average driving conditions. I drive extremely fast and hard. My Subaru is perfect for where I live. If I lived anywhere else, I would have got the Mustang. If you you don't believe me, why don't you bring any Cobra up here and we will race from my house to the coast. If you even make it to the coast, I'll buy you dinner.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I think you didn't read my post very well. First off. I love the new Mustangs. I think that the new coyote platform is one of the best American engines since the invention of the Hemi. I would love to own one. I've driven plenty of them, and they are a blast to drive. The feeling of getting sideways with minimal effort puts a huge smile on my face. But once again, I live in a place where this is a super dangerous. My little stretch of road kills too many people every year. Not your average driving conditions. I drive extremely fast and hard. My Subaru is perfect for where I live. If I lived anywhere else, I would have got the Mustang. If you you don't believe me, why don't you bring any Cobra up here and we will race from my house to the coast. If you even make it to the coast, I'll buy you dinner.
I’ve owned both. I had a 2015 STI. Tracked it for 3years. Then I got a 2017 GT350 and tracked that for 3 years. I recently moved back to a 2019 STI. Not because the GT350 was less capable of handling corners. It out handled my STI and is still a more capable handling car than a S209. It was very capable of putting the power down through the corners and not getting squirrely. The STI is more forgiving if you apply too much power too early in a corner because of the AWD. That just means the driver is less capable and got his butt in a situation he shouldn’t have. One reason for going back to a STI was to lower consumables cost on the track. At 500 a piece my track tires were costly on it. At advanced HPDE levels I would go through tires and brakes faster. The STI tires I can get for 200, brakes are cheaper too. Lighter car so less weight to slow down as well. I’m having to really beef up suspension to be able to handle like my GT350. Those components will be on in a couple weeks once the custom build coilovers arrive. Power upgrades have started already but are not nearly complete. The other reason to switch was for a car I could drive all year in Michigan. My wife had just gotten a new mustang GT as well so I was looking at two summer and two winter cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with you. I think on a track, the cobra cars can outshine an STI. A a track car, I think they are one of the best cars for the money. I love the new Mustangs. I've always been a Mopar fan, as far as American muscle goes. I think Ford did an amazing job with the new Coyote platform. While I am still a huge Mopar guy, I would actually go for a Mustang if I lived closer to a track, or a different area of the country. While you have snow where you live, I have other climate and road conditions, that makes a Mustang not the best year round car. Goes back to,( An STI isn't the best at anything, but great at everything.). One of the best daily driver cars, for any condition, and for any hobby. Just an all around awesome car. If I had the money to get both, I would have. I can afford a decent amount of novelty in my later life, but not enough to get everything I want. So, I tried to be as practical as I could with an impractical purchase. I've built a couple of cars in my life, and enjoyed that. But that seems to be a never ending process. I still go through it with my Spec B. I love the car. It's fast as hell, handles great. I just always feel like there is shit to do with it. The S209 is a fairly complete car. No headaches. I would get a tune, and maybe a down pipe. 18 inch wheels to lower it a Tad, and that's it. The car is awesome. Plus 10 year 100,000 mile warranty means no hassle. Exactly what I'm looking for. I know it isn't for everyone, but that's why they only made 209 of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only thing that really sucks about the S209 is that a lot of Subaru fans won't be able to experience what a great car it really is. I had no idea that the car would handle this nicely. It is a different beast than all of my other Subarus. I think it was worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
5,285 Posts
So it really just need power, though I sincerely doubt its really stiff enough to handle real power . . . anyway after warranty just mod for power . . . these days EJ power is all worked out I'ts not difficult to get to 400AWHP these days - and it is a huge step "competitiveness" I won't change the other great aspects of an STI, it will just become more drive-able.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would think it could handle about 400whp the way it stands. Very capable set up. I think it could use a little more power. Something Subaru always lacks. I did get it up to 150 mph the other day, and it handled it way better than my 2015 STI. Very stiff, but also way more compliant. When I hit some of the bigger high speed bumps on the road, the 2015 gets jarred pretty hard. The whole car slams down through the suspension. The S209 barely compresses, and just takes it up super smooth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a white #129 S209. I love my car. It's an amazing piece of machinery. My daily driving experience is different than most of you. I live in the mountains of Nor Cal. Lots of sharp, wet, twisting roads. This car is built for me. I own 4 Subaru vehicles(and some others). they are a 2007 STI Limited, 2007 Legacy Spec B(highly modified), very early 2015 STI Limited, and the S209. I drive these cars extremely hard daily. I can say from experience that this car lives up to its hype. It makes my 2015 STI feel like a mini van. You can mod a car for a long time, and a lot of money, and still not get something as balanced as this. Now there are cars out there that are better than this car in one way or another. Subarus aren't the best at anything, but they are great at everything. And the S209 is the best of them in real world driving. I went back and forth between the GT500 and the S209. It was an extremely hard choice. After all, I already own a bunch of Subarus. It all came down to where I live and the way I drive. My daily drive is like Laguna Seca in my backyard. Needless to say I'm stoked I went with the S209. I wouldn't have been able to let the mustang do what it does best where I live. The S209 amazes me every time that I take it out. That being said, I'm still learning how to drive it. It's so different from my 2015, that it doesn't even feel like the same car. Just my 2 cents. Thanks everyone and have a great day.

Pit Boss
We have number 55 - and it certainly does not "feel" or drive like my '17 either.

381 - 400 of 416 Posts