IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Unless this car has a new engine in it other than the EJ257, then its not worth the price. Im not saying it wouldnt be nice to own, but i wouldnt pay 55K+ for a special edition sti. Keep in mind that even if it does come an EJ257 or EJ207 with 350hp, a regular sti can easily reach the same power for basically 2K in the aftermarket world. What ever engine they roll out into this car, will probably be the engine they will put in the next generation sti.

Im not sold on this car until i see the specs and all the numbers. Im not buying into the internet brochure hype. Just remember how much hype the Type RA had, and look at it now lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
What ever engine they roll out into this car, will probably be the engine they will put in the next generation sti.
You don't think it might be the last hurrah for the EJ family instead? I'm not sure how the timeline looks with regard to rolling out a "new" motor ahead of the new chassis.

Im not sold on this car until i see the specs and all the numbers. Im not buying into the internet brochure hype. Just remember how much hype the Type RA had, and look at it now lol
Truth!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I also think, like the RA... they just might use this as a expensive test bed for the engine in the next STI iteration. Premium for getting it early... like the RA. Also, even with the camo, it looks exactly like another RA version.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
“I also think, like the RA... they just might use this as a expensive test bed for the engine in the next STI iteration. Premium for getting it early... “

Didnt realize the RA was a testbed for a uh MY15 ??? Its certainly not a test bed for anything new.

S209? Wait and see.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'll have a hard time calling it an S209 if we get the same watered down seats/interior and EJ257 engine that we already get here in the US.

Need proper Recaros and EJ207 for me to call it a S20anything.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I am imagining a reworked 2.4 dit motor from the ascent making its way into the new usdm STI, probably around 320 horses. While a 2 liter ej would be nice we need the torque in the usdm to haul our fat arses to McDonald’s

·
Vendor
5,400 Posts
If this is a teaser to a watered down trim level, then that will stink.

The one thing that has me hopeful that it's a decent step above the RA is the fender flares. When going big power this prevents essentially totaling the car to add aftermarket flares/wheels/tires. The short if it is more contact path the quicker you can do e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.

I will remain cautiously optimistic.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
its going to be just like Type RA with different colors, subaru just trying to sell as much STis as they can before moving onto new chassis, yall need to stop getting so excited evertime some, "special edition" sti comes out, theres nothing special about it, just a base sti with few things on it.
And also dont think the value of your "special Type Ra Limited TS S2091011 or whatever you wanna call it" is going to be better when you selling, no it wont be, you might get 3-4k more than regular sti but dont forget ypu overpaid by 5k-10k when you bought it new.
they only real special sti they made was 22b...

·
Registered
572 Posts
“I also think, like the RA... they just might use this as a expensive test bed for the engine in the next STI iteration. Premium for getting it early... “

Didnt realize the RA was a testbed for a uh MY15 ??? Its certsinly not a test bed for anything new.

S209? Wait and see.
I meant how the ‘18 USDM Type RA EJ “upgrades” found their way into all ‘19 STI models... limited run models are a good test bed for future iterations.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I find it interesting that Subaru is saying "The most powerful, best handling, STI ever created. " Those are some pretty big words.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.