IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have owned a s2000 and i loved the car for about 3 years.. and the brz is pretty much in the same class.. i just dont understand why the brz wasnt engineered to atleast have more horsepwoer than the s2000. can anyone explain to me why subaru even bothered to make a car that wont put down faster track time than car that made 10 years before it? and also the s2000 is wayyyy funner to drive.. IMO s2k>brz and i am a big subaru fan

·
Registered
781 Posts

This guy is a better driver than most if not all people on this forum. I trust what he says about the feel of the car and how fun it is. Horsepower can always be added, but the cars feel as a whole is pretty much impossible to change.

·
Registered
911 Posts
You have to remember that the BRZ is also 100 pounds lighter curb weight. That guy in the video tells you all you need to know. The car is so beautiful. If my STi was paid off, I'd trade it in for a BRZ. :tup:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The S2000 died awhile ago. Why compare a new car to a dead one? The S2000 wasn't even all that powerful and you had to wind the piss out of it go get to the juice. The BRZ's power is much more accessible. The S2000 was also a lot more expensive. With the BRZ, you get fun on the cheap...it's more of a competitor to the Miata, another car that's cheaper than an S2000 and is a favorite track car. Power is NOT everything.

Have you read the forums about the BRZ? Have you read mag articles and watched their vids? Have you test-driven one?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it is defenetly a rivalry.. remember the s2000 was made in 1999! and still is up to par with a 2012-2013 car...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The S2000 died awhile ago. Why compare a new car to a dead one? The S2000 wasn't even all that powerful and you had to wind the piss out of it go get to the juice. The BRZ's power is much more accessible. The S2000 was also a lot more expensive. With the BRZ, you get fun on the cheap...it's more of a competitor to the Miata, another car that's cheaper than an S2000 and is a favorite track car. Power is NOT everything.

Have you read the forums about the BRZ? Have you read mag articles and watched their vids? Have you test-driven one?

go drive a s2000! way funner to drive! im done posting after this post.. imo brz.. GREAT CAR!!! just needs a sti motor with 255 tires on the back!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
go drive a s2000! way funner to drive! im done posting after this post.. imo brz.. GREAT CAR!!! just needs a sti motor with 255 tires on the back!
I understand that they're good cars...never said they weren't. But comparing the two...can't really be done while trying to make a point. And it's dead.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
What a poor thread title. Here I thought someone installed an S2000 engine in a BRZ.

This topic has been covered over and over again. Your complaint is nothing new.

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts
i think it is defenetly a rivalry.. remember the s2000 was made in 1999! and still is up to par with a 2012-2013 car...
Where have you been? Maybe you should spend some time in the BRZ STI sub-forum. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
Warren Killson said:
This guy is a better driver than most if not all people on this forum.
Speak for yourself, and only for yourself.

·
Registered
593 Posts
but a new s2000's was expensive.. in Canada it was the same price as a new STi, and now FRS is half of that.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts