IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i don't believe it. i have the cancer...rust. little spots, for sure, but definately something i'm taking to the dealer. this is located at the bottom of both rear doors. check your doors.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
are you sure its rust and not some of the anti rust stuff they spray in the oddest places?? When I pulled off my factory "downpipe" it had that stuff still on some of the heat shields. Looked like rust but it wasn't.

Let's pray that it isn't rust.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
so?? is it really rust??? I am probably as concerned as you are since I live in the northeast and don't ever want my car to rust (not driving it in winter).

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i dunno what "fake" rust would look like, but i know what real rust looks is. it wasn't there when i bought the car 45 days ago. gotta be. now i just wonder what the dealer is going to do for me. won't have a chance to go in until friday morning.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Well I am almost positive that rust and corrosion is covered for like 5 years or something like that so I would not be too worried about getting it taken care of. I would look over the whole car very carefully and see if you notice it any where else. I have already waxed and detailed my car quite a few times now and have not noticed any on mine. One other place to look is under the rubber trim around the windows. Water can get trapped in there and cause rust. This was a problem on most white Supras people were finding a couple years ago. Not sure if the color has something to do with it or not.

T

·
0 Posts
Yea the car is warrantied for 5 years against rust unless it's chipped or dented. I took a look at mine last night and didn't see any rust at all so far but will sure be looking for it just in case come this fall.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:) they'd give me that "you're as dumb as a bag of rocks" look. i'll let the dealer do that if they try to convince me it's not rust.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
well, you know dumb looks are free:

Answer Rates
Answers: $10.00
Correct answers: $20.00
Answers which require thought: $40.00
Dumb looks: FREE

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is that on the paint or is it coming through the paint? It could be paint contamination but doesn't look like it. On my car I've noticed that there is surface rust on my exhaust hangers and brake rotors but that's it. I've had the car since the end of May.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the line on the door jam looks to be transferred; i.e. i should be able to wipe it off. the spot on the door, however, looks to be a spot of rust that formed from where they missed painting. :eek:! (how are cars painted nowadays? aren't they dipped or something??) i've had the car since may 29th. this rust just appeared in the last two or so weeks. we'll see what the dealer has to say tomorrow.

·
Registered
631 Posts
hehehehehe...., sandpaper..., sorry bud, that was just funny.
:)

·
Registered
410 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
I have already waxed and detailed my car quite a few times now and have not noticed any on mine.
God that makes me feel so bad. I haven't even washed mine in 7 weeks. I drove it only twice this week for a total of about 30 miles. I totally didn't achieve any of my STI goals this week. I am considering just selling the car to someone who really wants it now and getting another one in april/may. Oh as for being on topic....i am never in my car so i have no idea if it has any rust yet. Peace!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts