IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a 2016 STI and just got done installing a bunch of parts on the car. I have been having some issues of running lean when going into boost where the car sputters. Have been working with a e tuner and trying to trouble shoot what the problem could be. I have been going through the forms and double checked everything that was installed but been having no luck

List of mods, catless dp, ewg, up pipe, cobb intake, cobb ebcs, dw65c, ID1000's, cobb fpr, Perrin AOS.

I just did a boost leak test and found that the pcv valve hooked up to the aos was leaking back into the intake, I changed out the valve but the same problem happened again. I was wondering if anyone has bypassed this pcv like in the crawford or iag aos. Do you think this could be a cause of running lean?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry didn't include earlier but at idle afr is 14.6- and at when getting into boost afr goes up to 17-19 then car starts to stutter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I think it might coming from that pcv valve and I might just eliminate it and see if that helps. While doing the boost leak test when I pressure up the system air starts coming from the intake manifold backwards thru the one way valve back to the intake. If I tap the pcv valve it seats and holds pressure just fine and have no other leaks in the system. wondering if anyone is using perrins aos?

If that doesn't work I'm gonna go thru all the fuel mods. Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Yeah, I was about to say "IS IT TUNED?"
Because he did do the installs so possibly not tuned in which case would explain the leaning out.
Is your tune from the e-tuner definitely flashing to the ECU?
(encountered a situation where my accessport wasn't properly flashing)
Sorry if overly simple and you already checked your realtime.

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
Thanks, I think it might coming from that pcv valve and I might just eliminate it and see if that helps. While doing the boost leak test when I pressure up the system air starts coming from the intake manifold backwards thru the one way valve back to the intake. If I tap the pcv valve it seats and holds pressure just fine and have no other leaks in the system. wondering if anyone is using perrins aos?

If that doesn't work I'm gonna go thru all the fuel mods. Any ideas are appreciated.
Sounds as if you need to replace the PCV valve, but if its leaking boost, IE metered air then you should be running rich, not lean, correct?

ADDED: not enough info. What is written below - if you installed parts then why expect it to run properly? This make sense. At low rpm your running closed loop and the ECU attempts to compensate (probably not very well) for the changes. Open loop it isn't and who know what you'll get - though again I would have guessed rich not lean.

·
Registered
279 Posts
it makes more sense to me... that because this problem didnt exist before your parts install, that your problem most likely has something to do with your new parts.

do you have anyway to monitor fuel pressure? this is where id start. double check that your reference line to the new regulator is piped correctly. your getting severely lean... something id waaaay off. ^^^ like posted above, i dont think a bad pcv is gonna cause this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A boost leak isn't going to cause this.

As has been stated...if you are leaking metered air you would be running rich not lean.

You either have a fuel issue or your tune sucks.

Either way, I would tow not drive the car to a shop that knows their stuff.

That is of course unless you want to dick around with an e-tuner and risk your short block.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a 2016 STI and just got done installing a bunch of parts on the car. I have been having some issues of running lean when going into boost where the car sputters. Have been working with a e tuner and trying to trouble shoot what the problem could be. I have been going through the forms and double checked everything that was installed but been having no luck

List of mods, catless dp, ewg, up pipe, cobb intake, cobb ebcs, dw65c, ID1000's, cobb fpr, Perrin AOS.

I just did a boost leak test and found that the pcv valve hooked up to the aos was leaking back into the intake, I changed out the valve but the same problem happened again. I was wondering if anyone has bypassed this pcv like in the crawford or iag aos. Do you think this could be a cause of running lean?

Thanks for any help
Did you ever figure out the solution to this problem? I just installed an IAG AOS and I am having the same issue of my car running way too lean when getting on the throttle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts