IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board and STi's but great reading so far. Is any one considering running their STi in AS for a National Tour this year? My supercharged Miata project may not be done for SM2 so I may try the STi at a NT or Pro Solo event. this year. If I do this here will be the mods: Hoosiers, cat-back, K&N drop-in, bigger front bar. If struts are in the budget, are there any out there for the STi that would be legal for SCCA Stock class preparation? Has anyone put 245 Hoosiers, either 40 or 45 series, on the stock BBS wheels? Any fitment issues?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Tom Hope will be running in AS with a similar setup as yours, but he ordered custom Koni shocks (~$2000+ to my best knowledge). The Hoosiers in 245 should fit even though it may be a little tough. I just learned that people have successfully fitted 225 Hoosiers (303s) on 6.5" stock rims of WRX's, which I was amazed frankly.

I will be going into ESP as I do not think we'll have a better chance for class championship :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. The Koni's would seriously eat in to the SM2 Miata budget but it is a possibility if dyno time is minimal for motor tuning.
Good luck in ESP, if I didn't have this other project I'd join you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that info. I know Hoosier's run wider than Victoracers so I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
experienced autocrossers--launch recs please

I may try to run the DC national tour this year. I have two regional STS titles in my previous car, but I bought this car with the intention of ultimately trying to take her to nationals, when she and her driver are ready...

matt

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
ingrahamm said:
I may try to run the DC national tour this year. I have two regional STS titles in my previous car, but I bought this car with the intention of ultimately trying to take her to nationals, when she and her driver are ready...

matt
We'll see you there ;) I'll be in ESP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts