IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed today. :p

Can't wait to try them up in the mountains this coming weekend when I go boarding. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
dude how did you get the center caps to go on? Did you have to force them in there? Mine don't seem to fit but I was being semi delicate with them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry I can't help...but subaru or les shwab..(not sure wich one actually put my rims/tires on.) but they put the caps on for me. mabye you got the wrong ones or something?...(I think they are all the same though)

·
Registered
38 Posts
CRAP! I just put them on an hour ago and now i am scared that maybe i didnt put my wheels on well enough.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nevermind. I just popped them in, I was just being too gentle with them before. I am a jackass.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol. . . . nah, you're just being careful. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

Oh, and here are a few more for those interested. . . .

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just got my Rota Tarmacs in this afternoon... I got mine in silver, though... so I should have my snow tires on within the next couple week or so, and will be ready to tear up the passes, too!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My gunmetallic rims look soooooooooo sweet against the WR blue it is absolutely rediculous.
The way the color matches with the trim and the interior is just nasty. I love it. Too bad I have
all season tires and not winter tires though, because i can feel some slippage in the snow. Also, does any
one have any problems with their STi pulling to one side while driving on the highway, I really hope my
allignment isn't already messed up with a mere 470 miles on her.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sweet yea I have the gunmetals on my blue sti also

Yes my car seems to pull to the right... i never noticed it before but I curbed it and then got new rims and wheels and had to get new Control arm and struts and alignment...but I may take it back in I dont think the alingment is correct still (I couldnt tell until now cuz there was a ton of snow everywhere)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love my bronze Rota Tarmac II's on the Java STi...

P.S. I took a trip to Northern California for Christmas! Hwy 1 north of Bodega Bay is outstanding!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mines silver as well and got the same setup..Rota TarmacII with LM22s and mannn am I tearing up the snow...our current suspension is great with this setup for snow. Whizzing by some panic struck RWD is quiet amusing. Hit a couple of empty parking lots...just for some fun. Even at 55mph I slammed on the brakes and got great stoppage..drifting is great but short lived...the car...fights to get back in control in auto mode....but put in lock and you got instant side slide...motion...or full rear lock and it's dougnut city...what was even great...while I was having my fun from the corner of my eye I caught boss hog creeping on me. Dropped in second and high tailed out of there... left him spinin his crown in white powder heaven..(slid into some snow pile)

·
Registered
354 Posts
i also have the silver/gunmetal tarmac 2's ..looks sweet. i also got the same center caps with the tarmacs. im thinking of getting the carbon fiber centercaps from subydude. anyone have these installed? any pics? they look sweet on the site. just wondering how they would look..also i bet the wrc blue and gunmetal tarmacs looks awesome too..any pics?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts