IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my brand new 2008 STI! I purchased it on Friday, December 5th 2008 from Heuberger Motors in Colorado. The thing is, I live in Iowa! So I woke up at 4:30 AM, drove my 2006.5 VW GTI out to Colorado Springs, dropped it off and drove back Saturday. I couldn't be happier with my new car! The handling, speed, sound, and adjustability of the car blow me away! I used to own a 2002 WRX Wagon, but this blows it away in every way.

Mods:
Winter Tires, Continental ContiExtreme Contact 235/40 18
STI Valve Stem Caps
Adjusted Headlight Level
Magnaflow Catback

Future Mods:
downpipe & tune (probably by Jorge at P&L)
Lighter Summer wheels
Perhaps suspension mods & bushings down the road if I feel like I need them.

Here are some pics taken by my wonderful photographer/wife:

Attachments

·
OT stealth mod
4,262 Posts
Congrats, good to see you back in the suby. I expect to see that on my drive to work in the mornings :lol:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Congrats & I really like that 1st pic.

·
Registered
552 Posts
congrats on the new STi! have fun and GL dude.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If you get it, you'll love it! It's everything I've ever wanted in a car.
Yeah im jealous... i test drove a 08 STi and LOVED it... i couldnt get it yet because the wife didnt have a full time job after our move, so i was looking for a cheaper car, so i test drove the 09 WRX when it came in and the sales person said i would forget about the STI when i drove that car, he lied...
I want the STi so bad...

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Very nice, congrats!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had a choice of DGM or silver which i'm picking up on DEC 26th
I picked the DGM but your picks are making me regret a little not picking the silver!

Congrats!, Cant wait for mine!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I'm over 1000 miles now, and I love how this car pulls in 1st & 2nd gear! Too bad all the snow we've gotten is preventing me from getting maximum traction, but I have done a little bit of fun sliding around... ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
nice ride.

if things go as planned, I'll have my own silver bullet by the 31st heh.

keep us posted on what you do to the car!

btw, sick pictures.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
did a little work on my STI over the holidays:

1. intake silencer delete: I'm quite happy with this mod! It definitely has more of a growl around 3000-5000 RPM.

2. STI valve stem caps: For some reason when Heuberger mounted my winter tires they put on green valve stem caps, so they had to go.

3. adjusted headlight level: it was WAY too low, so low I considered it unsafe has I could only see a few feet in front of me. After adjustment it's soooo much better now. So glad I did this.

4. Mounted front license plate: I didn't want to drill into my fresh bumper, so I used the Subaru license plate mount and screwed my license plate to that, then attached the whole thing using a strip of 3M heavy duty mounting strips. It worked out well!

I also found my first door ding :mad::mad::mad:. I do all that I can to avoid them, but some people out there still manage to suck.

·
OT stealth mod
4,262 Posts
did a little work on my STI over the holidays:

1. intake silencer delete: I'm quite happy with this mod! It definitely has more of a growl around 3000-5000 RPM.

2. STI valve stem caps: For some reason when Heuberger mounted my winter tires they put on green valve stem caps, so they had to go.

3. adjusted headlight level: it was WAY too low, so low I considered it unsafe has I could only see a few feet in front of me. After adjustment it's soooo much better now. So glad I did this.

4. Mounted front license plate: I didn't want to drill into my fresh bumper, so I used the Subaru license plate mount and screwed my license plate to that, then attached the whole thing using a strip of 3M heavy duty mounting strips. It worked out well!

I also found my first door ding :mad::mad::mad:. I do all that I can to avoid them, but some people out there still manage to suck.
They do that for a reason. They filled your tires with nitrogen. You need to make sure to get that right. You can't fill them with air, you need nitrogen, unless you dis mount them and remount them with air. The green caps signify that they are filled with nitrogen to any shop you take your car to.

My ex-wifes car had those green caps, and when i took her car to my father's shop in Ankeny they told me they wouldn't touch the tire pressure because they couldn't fill them up anyways since they were filled with nitrogen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts