IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the correct section if not happy to be directed.

2017 STi worked near to the limit of stock block;
Running purely on E85
Blouche 1.5
(Accompanying mods needed for above)
Top mount
Ebc

Thought I was running a safe tune @ 370wh, had a very slight tap noise whilst driving when accelerator pressed maybe max 3% low RPM felt fine and no power loss tho, then at an intersection pushed in clutch and it lost all compression and died. Didn't sound good when I attempted to start so tow home.

I then found no oil on the dipstick, or very little, despite changing only 1000km earlier. So assume it was going to happen bat some point but I messed up not being aware of my oil level etc

Now I know it's a major issue, and I've reached out to my tuner who will be looking at it soon. But I wanted to ask for opinions from anyone who has experienced similar so I'm not relying solely on my tuner. It won't start, I'm ok with that and will get a good built block so happy either way, anyone think different or any other advice appreciated?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The engine lost all compression and died? That doesnt sound right to me. Try and spin the engine by hand from the crank. If it doesnt spin, then the engine is seized.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Right. Not enough info. Oil pressure gauge, Cobb AP to look at, etc.?? Seizing seems unlikely since it turns over. No knock, so it's unlikely it's spun or wiped a rod bearing.
Could be timing belt and valves hitting. Did anyone work on the timing belt/idler/tensioner system at all? Sounds rather catastrophic, so something could have let go.
Oil could be missing and it be a ringland issue if it's stock as far as the PCV and it has been eating the oil vapors. E85 dilutes the oil far worse than petrol. If it's ringlands it will or can still run (mine did), but you should have seen a LOT of smoke coming out of the exhaust at some point.
Needed/needs to have an A/OS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts