• Not interested

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
101 - 120 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
1000% in for this at anything under $1k. Can't wait to hear some pricing on this.

As far as the key that is hidden in the fob, you have to reconnect the OE ignition to use this (did I read that right)? That seems rather inconvenient, but I assume it's not possible to leave it connected as the backup.

How hard is the installation? Do you have any details on that?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Put this up at $500 and I think there are at least $50,000 in sales from this one thread alone if the poll is any indication.

Tell them to ramp to production!

·
Registered
330 Posts
True story. This is the one thing I like about my wife's Murano better than my car.

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
My daily is an 07 Altima. I love the door button, and get in the car, press the brake and push the button. Effortless.

I get in my STi push the brake and clutch and look for my button and then say damnit everytime. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
^ Yeah that'd be awesome! But it's also easy to say without knowing the costs involved. :(
If they are rerofitting an OEM door handle then I think in volume the whole kit can be made for $100. Electronics are cheap, especially in volume and if they standardize a lot of their components across all the brands they are marketing too the price should be reasonable. Unless the get greedy and price themselves out of the market.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
If they are rerofitting an OEM door handle then I think in volume the whole kit can be made for $100. Electronics are cheap, especially in volume and if they standardize a lot of their components across all the brands they are marketing too the price should be reasonable. Unless the get greedy and price themselves out of the market.
R&D?!?!? I would stop putting hope in peoples brain about a super cheap RFID system that costs $100. Something about a system this complex costing $100 doesn't scream quality to me.

Wait until its announced.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Re: Re: RFID Push Start for STI

R&D?!?!? I would stop putting hope in peoples brain about a super cheap RFID system that costs $100. Something about a system this complex costing $100 doesn't scream quality to me.

I would believe $100 cost to manufacturer. Add in distribution and advertising chains and end user cost probably close to $500.

_______
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
TRUTH.

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk
The main harness just plugs into your factory ignition harness. Out of the whole system you tag five wires total...anyone who has done a alarm or remote start can tell you that's nothing!
Everything else is controlled through our can bus system.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
You will be replacing your factory door handle the new one will be color matched...you not cutting any of your factory equipment up..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

Yeah $100???? That won't get you a bezel and a button that does nothing! Maybe the eBay push start system?

Czecho is right

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
1000% in for this at anything under $1k. Can't wait to hear some pricing on this.

As far as the key that is hidden in the fob, you have to reconnect the OE ignition to use this (did I read that right)? That seems rather inconvenient, but I assume it's not possible to leave it connected as the backup.

How hard is the installation? Do you have any details on that?
The cut key in the fob is just to gain access to the car in case the fob gets jacked up or battery dies. The key pad inside will allow you to start the car without the fob present. You don't have to hook the ignition back up at all.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The main harness just plugs into your factory ignition harness. Out of the whole system you tag five wires total...anyone who has done a alarm or remote start can tell you that's nothing!
Everything else is controlled through our can bus system.
What so you mean by tag. Sorry if its a noob question.

101 - 120 of 715 Posts