• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Want.

Vertical videos are horrible.

However, this vertical video has cool enough content to grant the camera man a mulligan.

I want this product, WITH remote start.

Subscribed...hoping it doesn't cost a gajillion dollars.

Did I mention I want it?

Sent from my Batphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
672 Posts
It isnt going to be cheap. I would expect in the range of 800-1000. Also, they may be fiddling with your immobilizer. If your insurance company finds this out, you could lose insurance on your vehicle. (Happened to a buddy in his Mini) He had a modified ignition system (something similar to this) and they flat out denied the claim. So if you have cheapo insurance this may be something to consider.

I however, would still be interested in this if it came with remote start. But I would want to see what they are doing to the immobilizer system before hand. (Computer Engineer here, capable of taking a look) I just would want to make sure they are in no way disabling the factory immobilizer functionality.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It isnt going to be cheap. I would expect in the range of 800-1000. Also, they may be fiddling with your immobilizer. If your insurance company finds this out, you could lose insurance on your vehicle. (Happened to a buddy in his Mini) He had a modified ignition system (something similar to this) and they flat out denied the claim. So if you have cheapo insurance this may be something to consider.

I however, would still be interested in this if it came with remote start. But I would want to see what they are doing to the immobilizer system before hand. (Computer Engineer here, capable of taking a look) I just would want to make sure they are in no way disabling the factory immobilizer functionality.
Factory immobilizer stays completely intact the system uses a 556u to bypass the immobilizer at start up and can bus to control everything else. The key cylinder is unplugged so even if you leave a key in the ignition and some one breaks in the car still can't be started. So it's even more secure then the factory security...hope I answered your questions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Definitely would like this system...As for the remote start, I've been looking at the Viper Smart Start so I could use my iPhone to start the car.

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
definitely interested. i would imagine it would be $500-1000. from the video, looks like they use an Audi keyfob. keep in mind that in audis, there is still a slot to insert the fob incase the RFID fob doesn't work I believe. not sure if that will be an issue.. what if the battery in the fob dies?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Definitely in for this. As long as it doesn't cost over 1,000 I'm totally down. Push button is the sh*t. I can do without the remote start but it would be a nice feature to get the A/C going before I got in. It's HOT in Texas.

·
Registered
280 Posts
definitely interested. i would imagine it would be $500-1000. from the video, looks like they use an Audi keyfob. keep in mind that in audis, there is still a slot to insert the fob incase the RFID fob doesn't work I believe. not sure if that will be an issue.. what if the battery in the fob dies?
Agree. I don't want my car bricked because I don't have a battery handy. If it's a few hundred bucks that's one thing. If it's in the 1K range I want full functionality.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks great I am definatly interested in this if the price is right. Also need to know about battery issues because like nuttnfancy I'm not too excited about being perminatly locked out of my car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Agree. I don't want my car bricked because I don't have a battery handy. If it's a few hundred bucks that's one thing. If it's in the 1K range I want full functionality.

To put to rest these key fob concerns inside the key fob it self is a bladed key that( once u cut it )it will give you access into the car. Second if the fob just dies for some reason their is a master five digit key pad that you hide away that when the code is put in it allows the car to start without the key fob.

They really have covered all the bases with this system.

41 - 60 of 716 Posts