• Not interested

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
561 - 580 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
my jdm button works on starting the car, its just that the LEDs dont work. Anyone know how to reverse polarity? the kit emits a -12 volt and the button needs a +12 volt.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Monkiboy, would you be willing to make a harness for me to make the system truly plug and play? Willing to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
282 Posts
Why are you guys buying systems that are cheap and cause issues. Look into the Advanced keys Systems. We have sold many already and not one complaint. We have them installed in our shop car and it's an amazing system without issues.

Home page

There are a couple systems. And we also offer the sti push button starts, bezels, and caps. We also stock and sell JDM auto folding mirrors and other JDM parts and great prices.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well if you want me to be honest... I feel your system is over priced; it is the same cheap Chinese crap as all the others, it does not include the OEM bezel, or door pre-painted OEM door handles, does not work with the OEM fobs, and requires hacking the hell out of the OEM ignition harness which is not only not advisable, many would argue that is was a rather stupid thing to do (and I agree)...

Now if you included all the OEM pieces for $459, complete with a plug and play harness, I would be all over it.

That said, I love your folding mirrors, and would love to pick up a set of those.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well if you want me to be honest... I feel your system is over priced; it is the same cheap Chinese crap as all the others, it does not include the OEM bezel, or door pre-painted OEM door handles, does not work with the OEM fobs, and requires hacking the hell out of the OEM ignition harness which is not only not advisable, many would argue that is was a rather stupid thing to do (and I agree)...

Now if you included all the OEM pieces for $459, complete with a plug and play harness, I would be all over it.

That said, I love your folding mirrors, and would love to pick up a set of those.
i have a lot experience with and have had this system installed for a long time. i have also played around and installed other kits. i would agree that the components are about the same quality - certainly not chinese crap and nice components with ease of install.

it does not include door handles because the system is designed differently and takes a more efficient approach which does not require them. to fault the system for not bringing them is kind of silly. it does not include the jdm bezel, you are right.

it does not operate with OEM fobs, correct but this is because most folks don't want to carry a clunky OEM fob. the advanced key fob is svelte and easy to conceal and have in one's pocket. some folks like OEM some much prefer the slender profile of the advanced key fob. from all the folks i've talked to it's about 50/50.

the system requires no "hacking" of one's OEM ignition harness. i really hope you're not hacking away. you're splicing wires - there's only a few at that. and doing so creates a much cleaner look and is much easier to work with than trying to fit a harness into that space and putting pressure on the connections.

if you don't know how to do a proper splice job, then yeah i could see it being stupid but if anyone is considering DIY'ing this then i would hope they have these basic skills.

in regards to the price, for such a complete system full of features, i really don't see the problem. if price is an issue, then go with just the push start system which really is the ohh-la-la factor in all this for most. with the jdm red sti push button it just sets any car with it installed apart, especially when folks see it actually works, haha!

something you haven't touched on is customer service. service from SMY and advancedkeys is incredible. typical replies to emails are within 24 hours if not 12. they go out of their way to support you. brian at advancedkeys has helped me on numerous occasions over the years and sent parts for free or replaced items or made harnesses for me. look at how many issues folks have with all these other companies, trying to reach them, get assistance. in the end, i see a very high value and ROI with the advancedkey system.

lastly, i know advancedkeys is always looking to make their product better. they are currently looking at CAN solutions that will open up the feature set even wider. so to each their own but make sure you do your research so you can be truly happy with your decision. enjoy those push starts!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Splicing your ignition wires is hacking... and it is never a good idea, no matter how you do it. A harness that uses the oem connectors is a much better solution, save your nonsense about putting pressure on connectors. ... that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. .... ever.

They are not Chinese made? I would be shocked if they were not...

If it does not use door handles, fine... but the system is still over priced, you can buy the same (or very similar) components for half the price.

As for the fobs.... after reading the feedback in this thread, it appears that "most" people want the oem fob, oem trim, and oem buttons.

You and Smy can peddle thier over priced, incomplete, systems all he wants, he asked for feedback and I gave it to him.

I, like most people, love customer service, but will never pay 2x the price for the same product to get it....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
As for the fobs.... after reading the feedback in this thread, it appears that "most" people want the oem fob, oem trim, and oem buttons.
THIS. x1000. The keycard is too thick to properly fit in a wallet and as a result you'll have to attach it to your keys which looks ridiculous. I would actually describe advancedkeys keycard to be clunky, not the OEM fob.

You and Smy can peddle thier over priced, incomplete, systems all he wants, he asked for feedback and I gave it to him.
i sense some collusion

·
Registered
345 Posts
goober - you don't seem to be interested in a mature converation so i'm not going to reply.

THIS. x1000. The keycard is too thick to properly fit in a wallet and as a result you'll have to attach it to your keys which looks ridiculous. I would actually describe advancedkeys keycard to be clunky, not the OEM fob.
i sense some collusion
that is fine as your opinion. there isn't one system for everybody and no need to make that happen. i personally liked the thinner profile of the advancedkey system as it fit nicely in my pants or jacket pocket inconspicuously. i don't carry a keychain or other keys so i have no place for an OEM style fob without looking it looking silly. i know some folks carry a keychain/lanyard so that makes sense for them.

there's no collusion, haha. i installed my system about two or three years ago and posted the info on an old forum 3gwrx.com. smy got their start on that forum so i know the owner well and he's sold me my gauge pod that they make so i'm familiar with the level of service he offers which i previously described. i think it's awesome he sells this kit especially with the jdm push start button already at the price he does because i import jdm parts from time to time and know how expensive it can be to get those goodies.

which system do you have installed? how long has it been and anything you wish that were different about it?

for folks that have the CAN-based units, are you able to have your AP in logging or in use as a gauge with those units - how does that work?

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
which system do you have installed? how long has it been and anything you wish that were different about it?
i don't have any system installed - i'm waiting for something that would be identical to the one on the brz limited. I'm using that as an example since they're available here in the US and i'm not sure if other USDM subarus currently have an RFID system.

i think MOST people do carry keys with them that's why 99% of car manufacturers make keyfobs and not some silly keycard. from kia to audi to porsche - they all have keyfobs. yes they are different shapes but generally it is the same thing.

i think if someone were to offer a TRUE RFID kit that is identical to the one on the BRZ with STi button, bezel, and everything else included - people would pay at least $500 for that system IMO

·
Banned
768 Posts
i don't have any system installed - i'm waiting for something that would be identical to the one on the brz limited. I'm using that as an example since they're available here in the US and i'm not sure if other USDM subarus currently have an RFID system.

i think MOST people do carry keys with them that's why 99% of car manufacturers make keyfobs and not some silly keycard. from kia to audi to porsche - they all have keyfobs. yes they are different shapes but generally it is the same thing.

i think if someone were to offer a TRUE RFID kit that is identical to the one on the BRZ with STi button, bezel, and everything else included - people would pay at least $500 for that system IMO
All the new models Like the 2014 Forester have the push button start and key fob. I am sure the 2015 STI will as well.

As far as I know the Advanced keys is your best bet. without the need of a big key fob.

My wife has the 2014 Forester and the key fob is pretty large. You do not need to insert any keys as there is no key cylinder.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have an Astrostart 5225 fob. Auto start on a manual done right is awesome! The security sequence makes it impossible to have an "accident."

·
Registered
785 Posts
did i just really do 60 pages of reading to find out the OP just disappeared? smh.........
Not only that, but that the system is not very easy to install. I was gonna get the system like the OP has but I don't wanna spend more than the kit costs to get it installed.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Yea guys I do not know what happened with the OP. I was talking to him via text and phonecalls when the thread first started but now he is not responding to anything. Sorry fellas.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
27 Posts
i'm digging the red sti push button, go easy system's oem style key fobs, and advanced key's locking and unlocking of doors automatically when within distance. i'd rather not have a credit card type of fob...did anyone get the red sti push button to work with the go easy? someone mentioned the led wouldn't light up

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm digging the red sti push button, go easy system's oem style key fobs, and advanced key's locking and unlocking of doors automatically when within distance. i'd rather not have a credit card type of fob...did anyone get the red sti push button to work with the go easy? someone mentioned the led wouldn't light up
The EasyGo system is not the system with the OEM style key fobs. The one with the OEM style key fobs is only available through InnovativeIgnitionSystems.com. Innovatives system also does the proximity sensing lock and unlock as long as you purchase the universal or dedicated systems they have, its the upgraded system which comes with the comfort closure door handle that requires you to press the button on the door handle to unlock the vehicle. I currently have the proximity sensing model with the OEM style fobs and love it. I am not sure about the STi start button though, maybe someone else would like to chime in on that one.

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
The EasyGo system is not the system with the OEM style key fobs. The one with the OEM style key fobs is only available through InnovativeIgnitionSystems.com. Innovatives system also does the proximity sensing lock and unlock as long as you purchase the universal or dedicated systems they have, its the upgraded system which comes with the comfort closure door handle that requires you to press the button on the door handle to unlock the vehicle. I currently have the proximity sensing model with the OEM style fobs and love it. I am not sure about the STi start button though, maybe someone else would like to chime in on that one.
did you install this? does it work well?

561 - 580 of 716 Posts