• Not interested

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
461 - 480 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered the same kit. Thanks for posting it by the way, and I think it could be discontinued maybe due to the low price? Those 2 remotes are $50 a piece at innovative ignition systems. They offer the same exact kit for $500. So the seller from aliexpress was $200 or 40% cheaper since he was only charging $300. I saw that they (leadtour) have another posting for the kit at the same price and it doesn't have the button surround or the 2 oem key fobs. Aliexpress.com : Buy Remote keyless entry Car Central Locking System remote car alarm system for Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti from Reliable Remote keyless entry suppliers on Leadtour-Professional Car Keyless Entry System Manufacturer

Im lucky I got it when I did.

The instructions that the company sent me were pretty straight forward and for the most part not broken english. Like someone said before, there is only a total of 7 wires to splice. The kit comes with an ignition harness that the host unit plugs into instead of the ignition module in the car. Whether it be in Chinese, Chenglish or English, 7 wires isn't that hard to figure out. Finding a wiring diagram specific to the car is easy nowadays.

$300 vs $500? It's not worth 200 bucks for someone to move commas, fix plurals and add periods in the sentence.

My kit came in to the delivery station last night. I will let everyone know how it looks. Install will be in a couple weeks as I am getting the door handle painted. I might do a step by step install (w/ pics) for this kit. My brother will be doing most of the work as he has experience with installing remote starters and all that jazz.

·
Registered
299 Posts
they sent me a diagram specific to the 2012 sti. I'll be attempting the install tommorow morning. The only thing im confused about is the indicator connections. I know its so that the lights flash when it unlocks but its not specific whether you should wire it to your turn signals or hazard lights

·
Registered
67 Posts
they sent me a diagram specific to the 2012 sti. I'll be attempting the install tommorow morning. The only thing im confused about is the indicator connections. I know its so that the lights flash when it unlocks but its not specific whether you should wire it to your turn signals or hazard lights
Do you mind posting a picture of the diagram? I am curious to see how it compares to the one they sent me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got mine yesterday and I got to agree with itsover9000, this is a very high quality system and was packaged very very well!:tup: Can't wait to get it installed, I will have to contact Innovative today and see if I can get the Subaru wiring diagram sent over for my vehicle that they sent itsover900.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im lucky I got it when I did.

The instructions that the company sent me were pretty straight forward and for the most part not broken english. Like someone said before, there is only a total of 7 wires to splice. The kit comes with an ignition harness that the host unit plugs into instead of the ignition module in the car. Whether it be in Chinese, Chenglish or English, 7 wires isn't that hard to figure out. Finding a wiring diagram specific to the car is easy nowadays.

$300 vs $500? It's not worth 200 bucks for someone to move commas, fix plurals and add periods in the sentence.

My kit came in to the delivery station last night. I will let everyone know how it looks. Install will be in a couple weeks as I am getting the door handle painted. I might do a step by step install (w/ pics) for this kit. My brother will be doing most of the work as he has experience with installing remote starters and all that jazz.

The only problem is you cant really get the full kit for $300.00 since the posting on Aliexpress at that price was wrong. Plus, I didn't pay $500.00 for my kit. I am not even sure where that price came from, they have the full kit listed on their website right now for $430.00 shipped and that comes with the two OEM remotes. Actually it comes with 4 remotes, mine came with 2 regular remotes with Subaru emblems and 2 OEM Subaru remotes. So if you add it up the kit Brex posted a link to without the OEM remotes or interior panel is $300.00 total, now add the 2 OEM remotes at $50.00 each your at $400.00 and I am sure the interior panel that holds the start button equals the additional $30.00. I am not seeing the additional cost being there to move commas, fix plurals and add periods in the sentence...lol. What I meant in my last post was I am happy to have a company here in the U.S to deal with instead of a company overseas, a lot of the time I have found it just makes things easier all around.

On the subject of the manual or wiring diagram that came with the system, I do have to agree with you that it seems pretty straight forward to me as well, the English really isn't bad at all compared to some other things I have seen from China.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The only problem is you cant really get the full kit for $300.00 since the posting on Aliexpress at that price was wrong. Plus, I didn't pay $500.00 for my kit. I am not even sure where that price came from, they have the full kit listed on their website right now for $430.00 shipped and that comes with the two OEM remotes. Actually it comes with 4 remotes, mine came with 2 regular remotes with Subaru emblems and 2 OEM Subaru remotes. So if you add it up the kit Brex posted a link to without the OEM remotes or interior panel is $300.00 total, now add the 2 OEM remotes at $50.00 each your at $400.00 and I am sure the interior panel that holds the start button equals the additional $30.00. I am not seeing the additional cost being there to move commas, fix plurals and add periods in the sentence...lol. What I meant in my last post was I am happy to have a company here in the U.S to deal with instead of a company overseas, a lot of the time I have found it just makes things easier all around.

On the subject of the manual or wiring diagram that came with the system, I do have to agree with you that it seems pretty straight forward to me as well, the English really isn't bad at all compared to some other things I have seen from China.
I thought it was straight forward, when i read it. As soon as i got the wiring diagram specific to our vehicles, i was wrong lol.

Levan give me you email and you can post it up. I have never been able to post a picture up successfully on this forum ever before:mad:

·
Registered
67 Posts

Mine was probably a bit more expensive as I am in Canada. They were charging me 460 plus 40 bucks shipping. The one from Aliexpress (no longer available) had free shipping.

I opened up the kit last night. I am impressed by the packaging and the quality of parts. Cant wait to install it. Now if only I can get the handle painted right away.

itsover - good luck on the install

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mine was probably a bit more expensive as I am in Canada. They were charging me 460 plus 40 bucks shipping. The one from Aliexpress (no longer available) had free shipping.

I opened up the kit last night. I am impressed by the packaging and the quality of parts. Cant wait to install it. Now if only I can get the handle painted right away.

itsover - good luck on the install
sent you the diagram. I'm going to be running the kit without the handle for now. Once i have the time to find a good place to get it painted, il throw it on. For now it will run off the attenae

·
Registered
299 Posts
i noticed one 1 wire coming off the main ignition harness that says. Brown wire that says "Connect cut detection line"...I'm not exactly sure where it belongs. Its not noted on the diagram

·
Registered
299 Posts
I dont think i can figure it out myself. I'm gonna have to remove it all and take it to a shop. I know how to splice and everything, i just dont know WHAT wires to splice. I reconnect the battery and the horn keeps going off. Idk im done with trying to do it myself. Just gonna have to wait until i find a reliable shop to do mine, or until someone writes a very detailed write-up. lol i tried!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I noticed this too. Have you tried contacting Innovative about this wire?
Nah im done trying to figure this out. When i attempted to reconnect the battery, the horn was just blaring. I guess the alarm is detecting that the ignition was tampered with. Either way i'll be talking with a shop this week to see what they can do for me and hopefully its not more than 200. I already placed the keyboard, shock sensor and antenna through the body so that has to count for something lol.

Ultimately, the directions and wiring diagram are not specific enough. I was looking for the fuel pump red/black wire on the passenger side panel. The only 20-pin plug i saw had a pink and black on the specified #5 pin position. The diagram specifically said red and black. So i don't know.. i'll leave it to the professionals.:mad:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Here you go, just got this directly from Innovative. Its for a 2012, not sure what other years it will work for though...

Image Link
All of these are loose wires with no plugs on it?

If they are just loose then screw that... I will never again hack up my factory wire harness, especially the igition wires. ...

I will see if I can find / buy the plugs and make some "
T" harnesses.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: Re: RFID Push Start for STI

Nah im done trying to figure this out. When i attempted to reconnect the battery, the horn was just blaring. I guess the alarm is detecting that the ignition was tampered with. Either way i'll be talking with a shop this week to see what they can do for me and hopefully its not more than 200. I already placed the keyboard, shock sensor and antenna through the body so that has to count for something lol.

Ultimately, the directions and wiring diagram are not specific enough. I was looking for the fuel pump red/black wire on the passenger side panel. The only 20-pin plug i saw had a pink and black on the specified #5 pin position. The diagram specifically said red and black. So i don't know.. i'll leave it to the professionals.:mad:

Pin number is what you go off, not color; wire colors are not always the same during a production run.

If it is in #5, then that is the wire they are talking about.

·
Registered
67 Posts
All of these are loose wires with no plugs on it?

If they are just loose then screw that... I will never again hack up my factory wire harness, especially the igition wires. ...

I will see if I can find / buy the plugs and make some "
T" harnesses.

The upgraded kit has a harness plug for the WRX STi so you dont have to hack up the ignition wires. Simply unplug the factor harness and plug in the one for the host unit.

There is a total of 9-10 (less if you dont want trunk pop or automatic window roll up function) wires that need tapping into the vehicle. Of which maybe one that needs to tap off the ignition wires (brown wire "itsover" stated above).

I do agree making T-taps for these would be easiest if you want to remove the system down the road.

When my handle is done I will try the DIY method with my bro. I will keep everyone posted. I do have a friend who works at a car security and remote start shop so if anything I will get him to do it and ask if I can observe. This way I can let everyone here know what goes where.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i noticed one 1 wire coming off the main ignition harness that says. Brown wire that says "Connect cut detection line"...I'm not exactly sure where it belongs. Its not noted on the diagram
Contacted Innovative about the Brown wire that says "Connect cut detection line" and this is what I was told...

"The Brown wire is a key sense wire and must be connected to the key sense wire in your vehicle. The key sense wire in your vehicle will receive a signal whenever you have a key in the ignition and the signal will go away when the key is removed from the ignition. You will need to locate the key sense wire in the vehicle and cut it in half, it is usually located by the ignition cylinder. Cap or tape off the half going to the ignition side and connect the brown wire in question to the car side or the side that goes to the computer in the vehicle, doing this will allow the system to control the key sense wire in your vehicle."

·
Registered
299 Posts
Contacted Innovative about the Brown wire that says "Connect cut detection line" and this is what I was told...

"The Brown wire is a key sense wire and must be connected to the key sense wire in your vehicle. The key sense wire in your vehicle will receive a signal whenever you have a key in the ignition and the signal will go away when the key is removed from the ignition. You will need to locate the key sense wire in the vehicle and cut it in half, it is usually located by the ignition cylinder. Cap or tape off the half going to the ignition side and connect the brown wire in question to the car side or the side that goes to the computer in the vehicle, doing this will allow the system to control the key sense wire in your vehicle."
They replied the exact same thing to me.

I've visited 3 electronics and alarm installers today and they quoted me 7-8 hours of work which equates to 500-600 dollars just for the install. Which is just plain rediculous... Guess il have to wait until there is a exact and accurate write up with pics or forget it.

Also I don't like the idea of cutting an ignition wire in half. Which makes it extremely difficult to return to stock. I guess il hold on to this kit for a while

461 - 480 of 715 Posts