• Not interested

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
401 - 420 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same here, just ordered mine as well from the same company miyagi posted the email address for. They were fast at replying and extremely helpful. I got the vehicle specific kit and not the upgraded one, I didn't really want the door handle with the button. I would rather be able to walk up to the car and have it unlock without having to press the button on the handle.

My kit came with everything except the door handle, even the auto window roll up piece. Did you have them leave it out of you kit? It should have came with the it from what I was told. I purchased the Subaru smart keys too! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same here, just ordered mine as well from the same company miyagi posted the email address for. They were fast at replying and extremely helpful. I got the vehicle specific kit and not the upgraded one, I didn't really want the door handle with the button. I would rather be able to walk up to the car and have it unlock without having to press the button on the handle.

My kit came with everything except the door handle, even the auto window roll up piece. Did you have them leave it out of you kit? It should have came with the it from what I was told. I purchased the Subaru smart keys too! :D
How much was the kit with and without the Subaru Smart keys if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
299 Posts

il have the door handle painted. I just want that little black button cause its more OEM that way. I dont care for the window up things because i always roll my windows up all the way, plus less to wire.

sad for easy-go systems, theyre losing potential customers because of pricing and how long they are taking.

·
Banned
1,425 Posts
anyway to NOT have remote start? also, with the door handle, will the system lock itself as soon as you leave the car? or can you program to lock and unlock by hitting the button on the handle?

·
Registered
299 Posts
anyway to NOT have remote start? also, with the door handle, will the system lock itself as soon as you leave the car? or can you program to lock and unlock by hitting the button on the handle?
remote start comes with it no matter what i think. it will lock either way i believe. I wont be installing the door handle for a while till i get it painted. But ima get the STi push start button first and the OEM subaru key fob STi cover...so legit

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I just got a price quote from Innovative Ignition Systems (where miyagi got his) and all in with the key fob and door handle was $480. From landtour (on alibaba) the exact same kit without the key fob is $245 plus shipping. Might go straight with the chinese company as the oem key fob is pretty damn hideous.

Here is the kit i am talking about

Car Alarm Security Remote Keyless Entry System Control for Subaru impreza, View Car Alarm Security , Leandtour Product Details from Shenzhen Landtour Auto Accessories Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is a link to the Subaru Smart Keys...

Subaru Smart Keys
What are the chances that the oem looking fob is compatible with this kit? Or maybe the guts can be swapped?
one way dedicated alarm system for Subaru Forester, press button start engine, passive keyless entry, intelligent alarm system-in Alarm Systems & Security from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Looking at the first link of the oem looking fob, the ones in these kits seem to be made to look like oem hyundai fobs and it would be nice to have this system look as oem as possible plus looks good with the sti cover on it I think.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One of the many reasons why I bought the STI and say not an Infiniti G37 or an Acura TL or an M3 even though I could afford all these cars and more, is because the STI has the old, traditional key start (and no GPS). That's probably reason #99, but still, another reason nonetheless.

IMHO the "added security" of RFID is an illusion. All you need is a crooked person at some dealership somewhere to accept a special "commission", and given the money involved in the underworld combined it's easy to find someone corruptible who will supply the thieves with the codes. With the the number of people out there who are behind on payments, have expensive habits, live beyond their means, are into drugs, or all the above, it's a mathematical certainty that you can find a willing partner somewhere.

Also there is something nice about turning that key and feeling the car turn on, something mechanical and analog that just doesn't do the same with just pushing the button.

Lastly RFID creeps me out like crazy. I'd rather not have any of these on me as long as I can swing it.
I feel the same way; however I HATE having a remote and extra key. I am shocked their is no OEM alternative for this. I try keeping my key chains small for easy storage.

401 - 420 of 716 Posts