• Not interested

Votes: 8 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
341 - 360 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
the last photo is the immobilizer bypass. like the dei 556u. if you check out my first posts in this thread, i have the information in my DIY that mimics the wiring that you have to do in this system.

you will have to either permanently disable the wheel lock like described in my DIY of the push start system at the beginning of this thread or you can leave your key in and cut it off enough with a stub to still be able to get the jdm key cover.

good luck and look forward to your review over time with the RFID nature of this system.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
the last photo is the immobilizer bypass. like the dei 556u. if you check out my first posts in this thread, i have the information in my DIY that mimics the wiring that you have to do in this system.

you will have to either permanently disable the wheel lock like described in my DIY of the push start system at the beginning of this thread or you can leave your key in and cut it off enough with a stub to still be able to get the jdm key cover.

good luck and look forward to your review over time with the RFID nature of this system.
Well my homemade flip key is already cut to about the same size, i might just keep the key

Regardless ill take this to a shop tmw and see what i can get done

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Ok last update for the day.

I went and ahead try to use the system with out splicing the wires, well i can safely say that the system does work with the STI, the Key fob reacts to the smart box when trying to lock,unlock, the push to start turn the AC on no luck on turning the car on, looks like the "oil pump purple wire" has something to do with it, it has a "MUST INSTALL" on the wire, anyways heres some pics.

·
Registered
299 Posts
sorry i was in class. i remember reading someone posted the instructions for the leadtour one said "fuel" pump. Im guessing its an extra measure so that the car wont start unless it senses the key. So it seems like you do have to insert a key to disable the steering lock.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Image Link

i think this is the reason why it wont turn the ACC on.

you need to install the key immobilizer chip found inside our stock keys, onto that card thing and tie that wire to the key ignition so the ignition will sense the immobilizer chip. You will need to install a cut key, and actually turn the ignition to the ACC setting and leave it in there so the steering lock is disabled and its already in the ACC setting. Once the fob gets close, that card thing with your immobilizer chip will sense the fob and allow you to start it. Try inserting your factory key and turn it to the ACC setting, and starting it with the push start.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok last update for the day.

I went and ahead try to use the system with out splicing the wires, well i can safely say that the system does work with the STI, the Key fob reacts to the smart box when trying to lock,unlock, the push to start turn the AC on no luck on turning the car on, looks like the "oil pump purple wire" has something to do with it, it has a "MUST INSTALL" on the wire, anyways heres some pics.

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Yea F***k*** Problems!!! haha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
pics here : https://plus.google.com/photos/101880783597424627296/albums/5865181254346736561

vids here : https://www.youtube.com/user/miyagi1239?feature=mhee

sorry if the pics/vids are bad. not very good at taking them.

changing to the system with subaru fob in the works. currently exploring the use of the number pad thing
Mrmiyagi, shouldnt you hide that number pad? Did you install the kit yourself? What is required to change the fob to the oem subaru fob?

·
Registered
299 Posts
After seeing some of the instructions it feels like this kit makes it kind of easy to steal the car if you know what you're doing. The immobilizer chip and a cut key is left in the ignition to disable the immobilizer and steering lock. All you would have to do is rip out the system, find that immobilizer box and get the chip and place it near the keyhole with the cut key and it will start

·
Registered
345 Posts
After seeing some of the instructions it feels like this kit makes it kind of easy to steal the car if you know what you're doing. The immobilizer chip and a cut key is left in the ignition to disable the immobilizer and steering lock. All you would have to do is rip out the system, find that immobilizer box and get the chip and place it near the keyhole with the cut key and it will start
first of all, did you read everything you just wrote out that would be required. as a thief, you're looking for the easiest lift. these cars are not it. now if you start advertising your system, it's functions, how you can bypass everything, etc to every person that comes in your car, and you live or drive in areas where a theft is likely to happen, then you might be at risk.

all the being said, like i described in my DIY most folks install a security switch hidden in the car the disables the system completely. just usually tied to the main ground (-) of the system. when leaving your car, you flip the switch and the car cannot be started.

you can also use a similar key pad as is provided in the advanced keys system (probably this one, too) to disable the system completely when you leave and one has to enter the pin code to start their car, if one were really concerned even about a hidden switch. kind of like in transporter when he keys in his pin code into his double din to start the audi.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well a shop will install this for me on friday.

Just for kick i was fooling around checking with the 7 color wires would go, and i honestly could not find any matching color wires, not sure how the shop will install this, seems a bit of a pain

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tried that no luck turning the car on, just powers the electronics

Also im pretty sure miyagi1239 got a completely different kit, if he got it to work then we need to ask him where did he purchase that kit from
Just looked a few posts back. I think he got the same kit but the door handle from Japanparts. However, when I look at Japanparts there is only a door handle for a non-STi. At least thats what my interpretation is.

I'm sure you will have the kit figured out eventually. Just wish the china company would release one for the STi with good instructions.

·
Super Moderator
1,300 Posts
One of the many reasons why I bought the STI and say not an Infiniti G37 or an Acura TL or an M3 even though I could afford all these cars and more, is because the STI has the old, traditional key start (and no GPS). That's probably reason #99, but still, another reason nonetheless.

IMHO the "added security" of RFID is an illusion. All you need is a crooked person at some dealership somewhere to accept a special "commission", and given the money involved in the underworld combined it's easy to find someone corruptible who will supply the thieves with the codes. With the the number of people out there who are behind on payments, have expensive habits, live beyond their means, are into drugs, or all the above, it's a mathematical certainty that you can find a willing partner somewhere.

Also there is something nice about turning that key and feeling the car turn on, something mechanical and analog that just doesn't do the same with just pushing the button.

Lastly RFID creeps me out like crazy. I'd rather not have any of these on me as long as I can swing it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just looked a few posts back. I think he got the same kit but the door handle from Japanparts. However, when I look at Japanparts there is only a door handle for a non-STi. At least thats what my interpretation is.

I'm sure you will have the kit figured out eventually. Just wish the china company would release one for the STi with good instructions.
The key fobs he received are completely different, unless he order from the same page but since he is in the UK (judging by his pics) i would assume it has different type of parts, idk.

Just going to wait on friday see what goes down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mrmiyagi, shouldnt you hide that number pad? Did you install the kit yourself? What is required to change the fob to the oem subaru fob?
I wouldn't worry about the keypad esp since vehicle theft is pretty uncommon in my country. Even if vehicle theft is common I doubt the criminal would want to go through the trouble of trying out the numbers one by one.

Actually there's no work to be done other than to swop the host unit (I got 2 as the subaru remote was only released after I purchased the normal set)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am sure that even with the stock immobilizer setup it is possible to steal the car with ease. Especially for places like Malaysia (just 20 minutes drive from mine) since they can just tow your entire car away or just carjack you outright.

Furthermore, the entire ignition harness is removed from the key column meaning the car will not start even if you turn the key unless your reconnect that harness. The key is only there to defeat the steering lock. In fact, you can choose not the leave the key there and chisel off the steering lock instead.

341 - 360 of 716 Posts