IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 18" wheel perfect size and offset ?

Set it up at 40 (4,000 rpm) and no buzzer but just light. Just went past 1,000 miles and it is no longer operative. Cannot change it from 40. Anyone had this problem?

Local Subaru service had no idea what I was even talking about.

Thanks for any info.

T

·
0 Posts
Make sure you're not driving at the time. The car needs to be at a full stop for you to adjust the tach limiter. Thought I'd mention it, just in case. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, but I followed the manual to the letter. 1) Car key in Lock position, 2) push right hand mileage stalk, 3) RPM speed appears where outside temp is located with last zero truncated, 4) Turn left stalk either towards minus or plus and then let it return to center position [so far all works correctly but... 5) buzzer should sound which it doesn't, 6) turn RPM stalk to left or right to decrease or increase RPM number. Absolutely nothing happens when doing this and after 15 seconds the RPM number goes off and stays at 4,000 RPMs when engine is started.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'd say your stuck with three options:
1. Take your car back to the dealer and have theem fix it.
2. Live with the fact it does not work.
3. Have someone ride around in the car with you, watch the tach, and yell at you when you hit your "limit" RPM. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the advice, but it was me, not the car that was broken. Andrew, my salesman at Bianco Motors in Corte Mader, CA took all of 10 seconds to fix it. Where I was making my mistake was keeping the key in the Lock position. That's just for seeing what RPM is set.

You then turn the key to on and it works exactly as planned. Sorry for my stupidity.

Roger

·
Registered
344 Posts
crazytrain said:
I'd say your stuck with three options:
1. Take your car back to the dealer and have theem fix it.
2. Live with the fact it does not work.
3. Have someone ride around in the car with you, watch the tach, and yell at you when you hit your "limit" RPM. :)
ROFLMAO !!

:lol:

-Sporty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts