IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauge in driver side vent

Do they come in pairs? I'm looking at the Alpine SPR-176A's for the fronts and the SPR-136A for the rears. Thanks,
<squabbles away>

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First time doing car audio :/ All the pics had them in paris, but one of the sites that I saw a price for them said speaker, not speakres so I wanted to make sure :) Would suck to get one speaker ;) Thanks!

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Well, the really really big speakers (subwoofers) are almost always sold singularly. . . perhaps you stumbled upon one of those and it threw you? :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew subs were sold sperately, just not the speakers :oops: What really threw me I guess was cost: Alphine 9813(298) + SPR-176A(fronts - 151) + SPR-134A(rears - 119) is $568. Considering how much the OEM radio costs, especially considering the quality, I'm surprised more people don't go this route!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
SabreOfSD said:
First time doing car audio :/ All the pics had them in paris, but one of the sites that I saw a price for them said speaker, not speakres so I wanted to make sure :) Would suck to get one speaker ;) Thanks!
Be carefull. Some on-line places MAY try to sucker you in by posting the cost of an individual speaker but they are typically priced in pairs. The main exception is in home speakers where high end shops like to display prices on individual speakers. (I've seen Martin Logans priced like this).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yeah, got the OK from the wife to place them in our house too! I was expecting the SAF (spouse acceptance factor) to be near Zero but she said she didn't care. Surprised me since they're, uhmmm, noticable.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Sounds sweet! I'm running a Marantz-SR19 5.1 and driving B&W mains, NHT Center and NHT Super 1 rears, with an NHT Sub1 (500w/ 2-10" drivers). I have an Acurus Amp and Adcom pre/tuner in my closet..haven't hooked up my upstairs theater yet. My garage and master bath have off the shelf systems...the only two places that I'll use standard stuff :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
FRY's ELECTRONICS likes to list in their newspaper ads, some speakers as "$500 each".

then in small print, "sold in pairs only..."

i always hate them for doing that...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts