IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I seem to have bad luck with the interior pieces (actually I'm just clumsy). While doing my stereo install I managed to scratch up the cup holder piece pretty good. So I bought a new one, which of course didn't match.

Next I decided to use paint cleaner on the part next to the cup holder since it was a little scratched. This of course made it shiny.

So now I have a mismatched, misflattness dash. Yay!

So does anyone know how I can paint this myself to make it match better? I thought about buying new pieces, but that might get expensive and won't match probably. I also noticed that the dash pieces look as thou Subaru used spray paint to paint them. I know how to use spray paint too, so I could do just as good a job as Subaru. :p

So any ideas on how to get matching spray paint? I've never heard of color matching spray paint. What are my options? Any paint experts? Also repainting the silver parts could bring about many possibilities.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you can match the paint you can get someone with an airbrush kit to do it that way. I think you can even buy a cheapo kit at wal-mart if need be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I would also like to know how to do this. I am trying to paint the trim on my interior door handles silver to match the dash, and would like to know how to match the color exactly...if anyone has any tips, it would be much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts