IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in an accident where the person made an illegal left and t-boned my car. My car went into the body shop today and the persons insurance, Allstate, hooked me up with a rental car which I went to pick up today. They forced me to get a economy compact car because "if you were at fault your insurance would only give us a economy compact car" - Allstate claim adjuster. I ended up getting a Dodge Dart when my car was a 370z... I just don't see how its fair that someone else breaking the law ruins my car and I'm stuck with an unenjoyable car for the month. I'm in New York but is there anyway of me getting a sports car or something better than a dodge dart for the month while my car gets fixed? I rented from Enterprise

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was in an accident where the person made an illegal left and t-boned my car. My car went into the body shop today and the persons insurance, Allstate, hooked me up with a rental car which I went to pick up today. They forced me to get a economy compact car because "if you were at fault your insurance would only give us a economy compact car" - Allstate claim adjuster. I ended up getting a Dodge Dart when my car was a 370z... I just don't see how its fair that someone else breaking the law ruins my car and I'm stuck with an unenjoyable car for the month. I'm in New York but is there anyway of me getting a sports car or something better than a dodge dart for the month while my car gets fixed? I rented from Enterprise
Sadly no. Rental places don't usually offer that stuff because people beat the hell out of them....I had gotten a rental once and what they considered "upscale" was a Kia Optima....sadly you're stuck with a rental econobox...luckily it isn't out of YOUR pocket.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Call your claims adjuster just to get their opinion but thats not how that works. What your insured for doesn't dictate what you get if the accident was not your fault. However you should only get a car thats comparable to the one you were driving. Allstate is just playing the game and hoping you dont call them out on it. When someone hit me the other insurance company told me whatever you want no more than $50 a day. I dont know what the different classes of cars cost as whatever its a car. Nothing at any rental agency is going to be fun or close to the sti.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts