IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the STI and I realize the Wing says STI but I think it is a bit over the top. Could I just have the dealer swap the wing with a stock WRX wing? Do the mounting holes match? I would assume if they do the dealer would do it for free since the wing is probably more valuable than stock. Don't flame me for this, I just don't have the balls for an 8 foot wing on the back of my car.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
STI on Hot Rod TV & Magazine

i dont think no one will flame you for wanting to remove your wing... however we all really wish people would do a search as this has been covered many times.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I insisted on having the regular STI wing exchanged for the wing on my STI before I would drive it off the dealershp. I met with a little resistance as they were very hesitant to mes with (the OEM aspects of) the car. My wife and I went for a leasurely dinner and they had it done when we got back. Didn't charge me for it either (they were supposed to but negleted to put it on the contract). It's too much for me also and I think it's probably a police magnet also.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I'm still on the fence about the wing.

No wing at all would look good if the scoop was gone also, but I'm not planning on an FMIC. The rear is a little too understated with the stock scoop and no wing.

I agree that the stock wing is a bit over the top aesthetically, and I'm skeptical about its practical utility. Seems like the weight reduction of a carbon deck with no wing would make more performance sense.

Maybe the aftermarket will come up with something more subtle that offers lighter weight and improved visibility.

I have to admit that I've warmed up to the idea of the stock wing some over the past few months.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Garage day

I like the wing yea at first I was like man this thing is kinda big little different than my 01 RS sedan spoiler. But it is a trademark every car has there thing that sets them apart. I do really like the look of the car with out the spoiler but I gonna leave mine on unlsee I come across a killer deal and I will keep mine I found out with a couple cars I have had you never get rid of stock parts.... :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts