IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man, i was looking at them a couple days ago. and i can see the edges very well now. i mean it's sticks out.

now, i am comtemplating in removing them. what would be the easiest and least messiest?

heat it with a hair dryer and lots of goof-off?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wow....that's my favorite 'STi' badge on the entire car......very subtle and tasteful looking.

They should just be a regular decal. Get the edge up, heat might help and then like you said, goo gone to get the residue off.

RIP nice looking decals!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
ldivinag said:
..and i can see the edges very well now.
because there's dirt piled up on the edges? ;) like clone, i think these decals are awesome. dunno. maybe the stand out more on a {insert non-white color here} car. (did you post a pic in "got mine"? couldn't find it.) i'd think thrice about removing 'em unless you're debading and destickering (i.e. foglamp covers, steering wheel, etc.)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine's black so i can see it very well now.

what would be nice is to have each letter as an individual sticker...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Eh....not really. Then those little letters would behave just like the front fog cover decals....each edge wants to catch a towel/mitt as you are washing and drying.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Holy cow! :eek: don't use Goof Off on your paint. That stuff is nasty!

All you need is a hair dryer, and I'd try using clay to get off the residue first. As I recall on my other car, I destickered without needing toxic chemicals.

I think eventually i'm dumping the side stickers. Not a fan of them, but I'm ambivalent enough to wait.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Leave the car alone!!!!! ;-) The STi gods must be turning over in their graves with the talk of people wanting to remove everything that makes the STi heritage what it is.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Use Goo Gone, it is just a citrus cleaner. I used it to remove the badges on the fog light covers. Just wax the area when done.

Thos are the only badges I left(the ones on the side).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts