So long story short...I was driving down the highway a couple of days ago and a pickup lost a can of dark blue or black paint out of the bed of his truck. Luckily I saw it happen with enough time to swerve out of the way and miss the majority of the mess, but I did get hit with several drops of paint. I washed the car to get a better idea of what I'm dealing with and try to scrub it off but to no avail. Anyways it's looking like I have paint splatter all over the driver side of my car, on the bumper, hood, pretty much everywhere sporadically on the left side.
I have browsed the forums and found a few ideas but wanted to see if I could get a few more opinions from people that can help. The goal is obviously to remove the paint splatter without damaging the actual paint, so the ideas that I've found are:
1) Goo Gone: I don't think this will be strong enough to make any difference.
2) Magic Eraser: Never used it before so I have no idea if it would work.
3) Bug/Tar Remover: Same as above.
4) Duraprep Prep 400: Supposedly it's an overspray remover that isn't supposed to damage the paint, but can be hard to get a hold of.
5) Fine Grit Sandpaper w/ rebuff: This seems to me as a recipe for disaster if I don't want to damage the paint, seeing as I am not a pro at this.
6) Nail Polish Remover: Everything I've read is NO NO NO, but it was an idea I found, but probably not practical.
So yeah, if anyone has any other input/ideas/methods that I could use it would be very much appreciated. I do know that I should start with the least volatile chemical first, then work my way up, pretty much common sense. Clear Bra? Nope didn't get one from the dealer, was planning on getting one soon though as I've only had my STI for a month...yeah, a month. Same goes for the mud flaps, planning on getting them, but right now it didn't save my rear quarter panel. Thanks for any help you guys can give!