IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all... new 04' STi owner here.

i mentioned in a previous thread that i (like most of you) am a performance vehicle nut and have been fortunuate enough to have had 2 z06's (2001 and 2002), type-r's, cobras, lightning, rx7, etc.

so... i have been waiting for the sti to make it to the states for years. when i here that they are only bringing the 4 door sedan.... i fall to the floor sobbing. it just doesnt seem natural for a serious performance car to have 4 doors. but after reading more and more about the sti and realizing its performance capabilities..i bought one yesterday.

so, here is what i am thinking. (to make it feel right to me). i am gonna find a qualify body shop to "shave" the rear door handles to give it a 2 door appearence. (install a "servo" to open them remotely when needed)

now, i generally keep my vehicles fairly stock (both externally and engine) and have NEVER done any crazy stuff like i am proposing. i just wanted to get your thoughts and see if anyone else has tried this and am as "sensitive" about the 4 door thing as i am.

flame away if you think i am off my rocker.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
off your rocker. ;) unfortunately, just shaving the door handles does nothing to make the car look less like a 4door car. (i photoshopped the rear handles off my sti below.) it just reduces the functionality and resaleability of the car. (my guess is this is relevant since i'm sure you don't still own all those late model cars.) anyway, welcome, and congrats on the new sti.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.