IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys well this is my issue. I brought a new 2010 STI SE. We just hooked up a viper 5901 remote start alarm. The alarm works great, but the remote start is not working right. I'm having 2 problems that I can not figure out. The first problem I'm running into is when the remote start works. Its only works if I push in the clutch. Not only that when it remote start function works I can not start my car with the key in the ignition. I think the problem is the key bypass that I'm using. I'm currently using the xpresskit bypass. Then the second problem is the neutral safety switch is the error on getting on the alarm when the remote start does not want to work. I think I figured out what I have to do with the neutral safety switch. I need to tap into the ecu for that. Also, I need to know how to tap into the tach. Right now I'm using a tachless hookup. Anyone can help me out I highly appreciate this. I just want everything up and running soon. Luckly its summer and I don't need the remote start. I have search the one post about the viper 5901 by william, but I need a diagram of where the NNS and Tach that is off the ecu.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am by no means an expert on this but I DO know that you need a clutch bypass to get the remote start to work in a manual transmission if you dont want to have a shut down sequence which are a pain in the a$$

·
Registered
47 Posts
ok did you bypass your clutch? n nWhich bypass are you using specifically? When you say your car wont start with the keys in the ignition, do you mean after you remote started or just regularly starting the car? Your tach wire can be found as a gray/red color wire behind the cluster at a white 40 pin plug pin 32 or you can go to the ecm which is under the glove box and its a35 pin plug pin 22

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also the black gray wire for your neutral safety switch actually goes to the E brake wire and you need to have the alarm set to Manuel mode. The reason your getting the error when remote starting is because you have to do the shut down sequence when getting out of the car it's in the instructions also make sure the foot brake wire (brown) is hooked up.

And you can just wire a relay for the clutch bypass.

87-clutch wire
30-clutch wire
85-blue/white off alarm
86-12v

1 - 4 of 4 Posts