IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or maybe even recently bought a RED STi?? Until yesterday I thought that the STi only came in blue, black, silver, and white but I saw a red one sitting on a dealer lot yesterday. I couldn't believe it so I took a second look and it did have the high wing, gold wheels, and the big hoodscoop. I was on the freeway at the time so I didn't stop by the dealer to take a closer look. It's a small dealer in a small town so I doubt they would go to the trouble of painting a STi red or putting the wing, wheels, and the hood on a regular wrx but who knows.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
fake, fake, fake.

Anyone can buy that and put it on a normal WRX.

Europe has a red one with black wheels but we didn't get so lucky. :(

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that's what I figured unless SOA sudenly started delivering red STis to dealers LOL. The color did look sweet, especially with the gold wheels.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
red and gold would look sexy!

Wonder what focus group they used to get the colors we have?

Red would have been my top choice!

·
Registered
586 Posts
RadarOnPaws said:
Actually, M, I agree, that would be a nice color...
:D That Electron Blue is probably my favorite color ever.
I was hesitant about suggesting a different blue, because unlike most car colors, the WR Blue is the color of Subaru. I can't think of any other companies so attached to a single color save for Ferrari red.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
No, the STi does not come in RED...the dealer that you are referring to I bet is Subaru of Temple right off I-35 just before the loop 363 exit. It's a regular WRX with some prodrive package, real STi wing and scoop and some nice gold wheels. The thing is making right at 280 flywheel hp.....they make it to be between the WRX and the STi...almost thought about buying it myself until I drove my STi....But the people at that dealer are 2nd to none...they've done me real good.....I would recommend 'em....

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think an STi would look SWEET in that mustardy yellow color Subaru offered a year or two back....or that platinum silver that Ferrari has. Just my .02.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Prodrive's show car (STi) was repainted in a mat platinum. A very sweet looking car... How much would it cost to have my STi repainted like that, I wonder...? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think you're looking at 2-3K depending where you go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong tho.....

·
Registered
586 Posts
StuBrown said:
I think you're looking at 2-3K depending where you go.
That'd be worth it, if it only cost that much.
I remember reading about a hot-rod Cadillac Catera GM built back in the '90s. It had a $16,000 paint job! The color was orange, it was called "Radioactive Pumpkin" or something like that.
The point is, with these one-off show cars, the paint job could cost more than the car stock. You can't ever tell by looking.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yeah, some paints are fabulously expensive. There's tremendous variation in prices depending upon color and special features like color shifting, opalescence, etc.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Slowride said:
Yeah, some paints are fabulously expensive. There's tremendous variation in prices depending upon color and special features like color shifting, opalescence, etc.
:eek: Is this "opalescence" the same thing as pearlescence?

·
Registered
586 Posts
bitabur said:
Subaru had darker blue a few years ago....
I haven't seen that color in person yet, but DrEvyl had a 2.5RS in that darker blue.
Dang, I wish the STi came in that color!
Pics Here!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts