IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 Red Alert STi Sedan

Purchased at Servco Subaru Hawaii late July 2011. "Shaggy" gave a good deal and we took it and ran!

The car came with the SPT Front lip installed, SPT exhaust, and bonus, 35% Ceramic Smoke Tint all around, 35% clear tint for the front windshield. My wife shed a little tear for her Mazda Speed6, and then it was off to the races, literally.

Week 2, the first of many, SCCA races. Bone stock but not a bad start, the STU class has some fierce competition locally here with quite a few entrants.

Now then, my wife knows me well enough that whatever I get my hands on, its gotta be different, and immediately. Granted it is the LR(Lightening Red) and its one of 2 I believe on the entire island, it still had to be "different" So here starts the never ending story of how its transforming slowly month by month.

Special Thanks To:
My wife - So patient and always willing to help and support in whatever I'm doing, and no matter how dirty the job is, she jumps right in.

Tony @ Turn In Concepts - Turn in Concepts - Set me straight, guided me to making the "right" choices instead of horrible mistakes. And for purely outstanding service! Thank you sir!

Dan @ MachV Subaru WRX Performance Upgrade Parts - Mach V Motorsports - Helped and assured me in getting the right wheel tire combo for fitting. Thanks! Hopefully one day I can make a visit there.

Menu
1st round Gallery
2nd round Gallery
3rd round Gallery

Mods +Vendor if applicable.
Interior
eBay LED lights (map(2), dome, trunk, license plate(2))
Super Heatshield Windshield reflector.
WC Lathe Werks Custom Copolymer Shiftknob
SMYClusterMaker Gauge/Pod Dash
SMYClusterMaker ProSport white needle Boost Gauge
SMYClusterMaker Prosport white needle Oil Pressure Gauge

Exterior
RallyArmour Mudflaps (Black w/ Gray Logos)
KillerB Motorsports Alternator Cover (satin anodized)
KillerB Motorsports Radiator Shroud (satin anodized)
GraphicSTI STi logo stencil (PM
GraphicSTI , awesome stencil!)
Cygnus Performance Perrin Shorty 2" Antenna
GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocation Kit
Leaf Racing Rolled Rear Fenders
Blue Bat's Tail Light Red Overlays
3M Matte Black Trunk trim wrap (PITA)
Angry DomoKun sticker

Suspension
TurnInConcepts Impreza rear diff inserts (WhiteLine)
TurnInConcepts Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Front Sway Bar
TurnInConcepts Whiteline 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
TurnInConcepts 2008+ Impreza Kartboy Endlinks Combo
TurnInConcepts Ingalls Camber bolts - 14mm
TurnInConcepts RCE Yellow Springs
Cygnus Performance Perrin Front Strut Tower Brace (Wrinkle Red)

Island Brake & Alignment Alignment:
Caster F/R: 6.4/6.4
Toe: F/R: 0/0
Camber: F/R:-1.4/-1.6

Drivetrain
TurnInConcepts Kartboy STi Super Shifter Set
TurnInConcepts Group N Transmission Mount - 6MT
TurnInConcepts Tranny Crossmember Bushings

Wheels/Rubber
MachV/FastWRX TPMS Sensors (4) Rubber
MachV/FastWRX Rota D 18x9.5 +40 GunMetal (Thanks [email protected])
Kumho SPT (KU31) 265/35R/18
MachV/FastWRX STi sticker caps for Wheels
ExtremePerformance Muteki tuner lugs 12x1.25(Black)
Exhaust
SPT CatBack

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Red Alert 2011 LR STi

Mod #1
Rally Armour Mud Flaps, Black /w Gray Lettering

KillerB Motorsports, awesome products, some eyecandy for the engine bay.

Next up was to go for the full shifting experience.
TurnInConcepts hooked me up with all the goodies.

TiC also shipped me out the Whiteline Front/Rear Swaybars 24/22 and Kartboy endlinks, Rear Diff bushings. Perrin strut tower brace came from Cygnus Performance. Also some Eibach Camber bolts.

After all that was installed, we hit the SCCA track for some laps and tons of fun.
The wife took home the trophy this time around and beat me out by a close margin. I had 30 days to determine how I was going to get revenge on this one...

Moving on, ordered a set of Rota D's from Dan at MachV/FastWRX.com. These... made the car "pop" a little bit, and... going to save the race tires a few laps hopefully.
At the same time TiC got me a set of RCE Yellow springs, the timing of all of the shipments held me back for a little bit, but... finally, it all came in, and got mounted.
So...
Rota D 18x9.5 +40 (Gunmetal)
Kumho SPT KU37 265/35R/18
STi center cap stickers
TPMS Sensors(rubber)

Now for the installation of the Tires/Wheels and Springs, also, the rear fenders were rolled to accommodate the rubber hitting.
All the work for this was done at Leaf Racing here in Hawaii.
Great guys down there and awesome service.

Mounted and running around on currently.

A buddy of mine at work, great minds think alike... LR FTW!

Grimmspeed for the Front License Plate (Hawaii law that they actually enforce...)
And of course... Hats off to [email protected], great work and products!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Flossy Grip Tape Shift Knob. Sold...

Merry Christmas!
WC Latheworks CoPolymer His and Hers Knobs. Thanks Chris!
The white one is for the wifes STi, that'll be another thread soon'ish. :)

Hers:

His:

·
Registered
725 Posts

ahhh yes! Great ride so far! How do you like the Kartboy STi Super Shifter? I have the '11 sedan as well and I HATE the stocker...idk maybe its just my car but its very stiff and although I know its not "grinding" it def feels like it! maybe it needs to break in more...

·
Registered
221 Posts

ahhh yes! Great ride so far! How do you like the Kartboy STi Super Shifter? I have the '11 sedan as well and I HATE the stocker...idk maybe its just my car but its very stiff and although I know its not "grinding" it def feels like it! maybe it needs to break in more...

a heavy knob like twm or the like cleared this right up for me. give it a try!

·
Super Sakura Dominator
11,667 Posts

After all that was installed, we hit the SCCA track for some laps and tons of fun.
The wife took home the trophy this time around and beat me out by a close margin. I had 30 days to determine how I was going to get revenge on this one...
Your wife beat you autox-ing? :eek: :clap: :bow:

The car looks awesome! Keep up the good work...Subscribed.

·
Registered
880 Posts

Good looking car and journal! I will remain envious that your wife can drive as well as you....:lol::cool:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Looks good. I love black rims on red cars. You have the best color you know...
Thanks! Your car was one of the first ones I subscribed to and watched the transformation. Great looking car you got there, and that hood... nothing but WIN there. :)

Thank you sir.
The shortshifter is awesome, really knocks down some of the movement(40% I believe) and tightens it up. Depending on what your preference is and if you can handle tranny noise would determine how far you want to go with the bushings. Else, make sure you love the sound/feel of the transmission, or get a good stereo that bumps :)

Your stock shifter should be pretty smooth and loose even. Both of the STi's were not tight at all, maybe something binding? Either way, a heavy shift knob might solve like another post said, but that might be something to check out. No grease on the lower bushing possibly might do it as well.

Your wife beat you autox-ing?
The car looks awesome! Keep up the good work...Subscribed.
As lucky as I am to have found her, she's a force to be reckoned with behind a wheel, or handlebars for that matter.
Since the initial tail between the legs, I've got payback twice. This weekend she has a shot to even it up! :) I'll try to post the results next week tuesday or so. Thanks for the compliments.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts