IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my package of Red light bulb condoms from parts express. Took 6 weeks to get them and I ordered 100 instead of 10! I'll sell 80 of 'em for 50 cents each. Add 50 cents shipping for the stamp and envelope. Yes I'm making like a buck on each transaction, but you won't have to wait 6 weeks or pay the $6 shipping for $1.50 worth of rubber. You need 4 for the HVAC controls, 1 for the ignition ring light, and 1 for the boost gauge if you have it. I recommend getting one extra incase you rip it. Since we're only talking a few dollars, cash or check is just fine. Paypal is okay if you really need to. Email me first to make sure I have enough before sending any money.

Greg

[email protected]

1491 Chalet Pl.
Pensacola, FL 32514

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
So if you buy all 6 that you need, plus an extra, you're paying 4 dollars, and that includes shipping.

Who cares?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Warranty with mods

zimm, a small marketing tip: post a link that shows how much better it looks with the red condoms. ;) anyway, i'd like 7 and will send you bux via paypal.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really don't want to be known as a price gouger. I mean we're talking 4 bucks here. Most of you guys don't mind paying $800+ for a set of gauges... Besides I had to pay over $20 for the order of condoms and I'll be lucky to break even. I need to invent some crazy expensive accessory like a $250 carbon gauge pod that people are plopping money down for...That's price gouging. Or $1250 for a few feet of stainless exhaust tube, a cat, and muffler...

·
Registered
287 Posts
zimm said:
I got my package of Red light bulb condoms from parts express. Took 6 weeks to get them and I ordered 100 instead of 10! I'll sell 80 of 'em for 50 cents each. Add 50 cents shipping for the stamp and envelope. Yes I'm making like a buck on each transaction, but you won't have to wait 6 weeks or pay the $6 shipping for $1.50 worth of rubber. You need 4 for the HVAC controls, 1 for the ignition ring light, and 1 for the boost gauge if you have it. I recommend getting one extra incase you rip it. Since we're only talking a few dollars, cash or check is just fine. Paypal is okay if you really need to. Email me first to make sure I have enough before sending any money.

Greg

[email protected]

1491 Chalet Pl.
Pensacola, FL 32514
I am intereted bu do you have any pictures?
Also I live in Canada will you ship here?
Does anyone have pictures oh how to install it?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey SLVRSTI & SACSTI!

I don't have any pictures, it's hard to take night photos without it blurring. Anyway the red comes out great. It matches the inst. cluster and is the right amount of brightness. I don't think there is too much red, many of the buttons in the car are green as well as the clock. Then you have the headlight indicator, cruise control, high beams all different colors.

The key ring is easy to install, just remove the plastic trim under the steering wheel. There's one screw for the cover, then two hard to find screws holding another piece of trim. Remove that, pull it down, and you can pull out the key ring plastic. Remove the bulb, the green cover, and put the red one on. The HVAC controls are a bit different: Start by pulling the bulbs out and pull the green covers off. I tried a few methods and the best is to cut the red cover in half (across, not lenghwise) so it's just long enough to cover the bulb but not the plastic base. Use a tiny drop of superglue to hold the cover to the plastic base. I tried several times to use the full length condom over the plastic base and it tears the cover when you install the bulb into the HVAC unit. The boost gauge is easy too, just pry it out with a screwdriver, remove the bulb from the back, and take off the blue over and replace with red.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,520 Posts
Re: problems!!!

Hey, Greg. . . keep 8 aside for me. I want to make sure I have a spare in case the JDM foglight switch can use one, too. ;)

I'll send a check out tomorrow. PM me with your last name, or would you rather I just put your first name on the check? :p

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
pm: outbox? sentbox?

got 'em! thanks. one of these weekend they'll go in. i'll take install photos and write up directions...if someone doesn't beat me to it. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.