IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Authorized Vendor
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think? I was thinking somewhere between 25 - 35, 35% is the legal limit her in Ga, but it seems reasonably flexible.

Pictures of any blue tinted would be excellent.

thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
salaki, that looks great! we can't tint the front sides in cal., wish we could. i did 5% in the back sides, and it looks pretty good. not sure i would go that dark on the rear window, kinda hard to see out at night...i'll post pics in the next day or so.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ignition on BUZZ

Thanks for the compliment.
The tint looks almost like mirror only when it's cloudy out there.
Other than that, the tint looks a little reflective.

The silver EVO is nice... I parked right by him just to take pic.

That's true about Cali..
Last year I was driving my RIP GC8 from Dallas, right after I hit 101, hehehe, CHP pulled my over asking me bunch of Qs..

My tint was too reflective, my exhaust was loud, I got no front license plate, what I was doing in Cali and how long am I going to stay, etc.

But he let me go cause I am not from Cali :)

Keep on posting for tinted STi.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i had a friend in high school w/ a yellow bug that had tinted glass, not film applied to glass, and she dissed this one local cop by not going out with him,(after high school!) and he would repeatedly pull her over and harrass her about the tint, eventually she had to get the glass replaced...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Procedure for headlight level switch, and stock head unit

I have 20% on the side glass and also 20% on the back glass. The windshield has 55%. The legal limit here is 35% on the sides and nothing on the windshield at all. I have not been harassed yet(knocks on wood)plus it is not my every day driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Yeah, no offense, but tinting the windshield is insane unless you don't like driving at night or there are no pedestrians in your part of the world that go on walks at night. :eek:

Anyway, back OT, mine is 22% and I love it. You might get 20 - 22% depending on your installer, but that range is real nice. Legal here is 35% and so far I've not had cops look at me more than normal. When I first got the car I had a few cops check me out, but since then (and since the tint), they seemingly could care less.

On a sunny day, 22% seems a lot lighter than on a cloudy or rainy day. On a dark day, it's hard to see who the occupants are. It's a pretty good compromise, IMHO. Your luck may vary depending on your local law enforcement personnel. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
With the 55 on the windshield, you barley notice it is there. It mostly blocks out uv rays for interior fade protection. At night, it really cuts down on the headlight glare. The picture just looks dark cause it was cloudy and the angle I took it from.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Go with 15-20 all around.. I like mine dark to keep theif eyes from seeing into my car....
Stillkirkin - why would someone tint their windshield? Its very illegal I believe..

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
the pics worked after I moused over em? they didnt pop up at first though.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Looks good, turbs. I have 22% and I would not go lighter. On a sunny day it looks quite a bit lighter than it does on a cloudy or rainy day and tint in the 20 - 22% range is about the best compromise. Any darker would probably be asking for it (esp. in a state where 35% is max legal tint) and any lighter would not look as nice or keep the car as cool or be worth paying your quality installer ~ $200 for.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I got 20%, but only on the rear windows (illinois law... ) I was wondering if it'd be too dark b/c some of the pictures on here didn't look all that great, but I must say that cameras are deceiving b/c I think my car came out great! I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts