IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend brands/types and accessories for a new STi security system. Like everyone, I'm looking for the best way to protect the newest addition to my family. Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Foreester XT upgrades ??

I would have to say compustar, from everything i've heard on this board, they seem to be the most used, and they have two way remotes (which can tell you what your car is up to) which work up to 1.2 miles. i have heard from a dealer that installing the remote start can mess with your transmission (but that might just be if you forget to put it in neutral) i am going with compustar, and from what i've read on this board, their alarms seem to be incredible.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I just ordered a Viper Responder 790xv system with all the goodies. I hope to get started installing this weekend. Any DEI brand alarm is a great system, this includes Clifford, Viper and others.

Compustars are good as well......those are the best names out there today.

·
Registered
983 Posts
depends on what u need. I have the alpine sec-150r, it's just a regular alarm with shock and motion sensor, not as fansy as compustar and viper responder of course, but i heard alot of good things about it and it's enough for my need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts