IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Is there a dealer that someone reccomends in the DC area? BTW, is there an extended warrenty available for the STi and is it worth it? Any parts that I shouldn't add on to the stock that will be cheaper for me to add myself? I'm looking at the Fog Ligh Kit, Rubber Floor mats, and all the audio options :) Thanks!
S-

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
hey, welcome to the forum!

basically, any dealer that'll give you msrp, which should be everyone by now. i got mine from don beyer on rt 1 in alexandria; it's 2miles from my house and we bought our outback wagon from them in 2000. i'd avoid springfield subaru. rumor is that they're loosing (or have lost) their subaru franchise; in other words, they're going out of business. just as well since they screwed up the cooling system on my outback.

re extended warranty: yep, subaru has several to choose from. i didn't get it however. but i have until the stnadard warranty expires to add one of their warranties without penalty...supposedly.

re options: you can get just about any option cheaper from places like www.subaruparts.com. it depends if you have the time and skill to install stuff.

re fog lights: up to you, but i personally think the bigger jdm fogs look hot. much better then the US fogs for the sti.

re floor mats: how much are their mats?? if you eventually want to get the nice sti mats, i'd just go to pep boys and get some cheapo rubber mats until then.

re audio options: i did not get the oem audio; did my own thing. i think 98% of the people who have spoken about their audio system have gone with an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have had two back-to-back great sales experiences with Fitzgerald AutoMall in Gaithersburg/Germantown. Brian Chanin is truly an easy person to talk to and trust during the sales/purchase process.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW, thanks for all the info 4MLA1FN and [email protected]!
I love the look of the JDM fog lights on your setup! Good to know on all the other parts as well... Money not spent on OEM stuff goes right into the aftermarket parts :) Thanks again for everything!
J-

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
there is an fxic (fairfax impreza club) meet this friday night. this is usually where i connect with other like-minded people. ;) if you haven't joined nasioc.com, you should probably do so. we haven't had an sti-only local or regional sti meet as yet. i'll have to work on this next year.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
SabreOfSD said:
I love the look of the JDM fog lights on your setup!
whoa. just to be clear, that isn't my car. some day i'll get 'em. right now, my priorities are mortgage, car payment, food, daycare, [about 20 other items], new sti wheels, sti springs, jdm foglights. ;)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, ok :) I can totally understand about the order of importance... Right now mine is: STi, morgage(very soon), engagement ring, everything else ;)
J-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts