IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turbo lag

Wondering if i could get some insight on what you all have or recommend as far as aftermarket materal. I'm talking ,intakes,BOVs,ecu chips,suspension i.e.sway bars ,coilovers, boost controllers, flywheels,etc

whats the best? you know these companies they all claim they are the best..nothin but headaches. :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

·
Registered
281 Posts
In my opinion, the best aftermarket parts for the WRX are from Vishnu. This is because they don't sell parts, they sell kits. Everything is designed to work together to make the car not only faster, but easier to drive. Their stage 0 kit is good for 40 HP at the wheels and is $995. That puts you at over 270 HP at the crank on a regular WRX. Their new stage 1 kit is going to be good for around 305 HP at the crank and will be about $2500. Definately some of the best designed, looking, and performing stuff out there.

I'm sure they'll have some nice stuff for the STi when it comes out, too. If I wasn't planning on upgrading to an STi, I'd probably have the stage 0 kit on my car now.

J.B.

S

·
0 Posts
According to July 2002 Sport Compact Car magazine the Evo handles better than the WRX. :( :( :(

So...given that I am interested in Auto-X...more than drag racing. I want this shortcoming in handling dealt with first then perhaps look for some horsepower gains.

I mean what good are the extra horsies if you can't keep the car on the track?

Does anyone KNOW personally of the preferred "kit" to fix the understeer problem? Almost 3 seconds for 12 turns. :cry:

PS: I have met people that have spent alot of money on their WRX's suspension and chassis and still are not happy b/c the combination of upgrades has to be expertly matched, eg. they didn't get a kit.

See you at the Races:
ScoobyDo

·
Registered
281 Posts
The 3 handling improvements that I would recommend would be going to a slightly larger rear sway bar, getting solid sway bar links, and getting an anti-lift kit for the front.

The factory sedan rear sway bar is 20mm (17mm for the wagon). Most people have found that by going to a slightly larger sway bar (22mm or 24mm) much of the understeer is elimininated. However, the larger bar is not going to work as well unless you replace the factory end links with solid links. The factory links are a fiber plastic deal that flexes a lot. The anti-lift kit recalibrates the front suspension geometry to prevent front end lift under acceleration, thus limitting understeer when accelerating out of a corner. It also lessens the front wheel spin encountered when driving in slippery conditions.

I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Whiteline products. They offer sway bars, end links, and the anti-lift kit for one stop shopping. There are numerous dealers, but Mofugas Motorsports seems to have the best prices.

Good luck.

J.B.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts