IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you get your stereos installed, please post 'em here so we can have a list of installers who have dealt with the car and did a good job. you can describe your system and install cost if you want. thanks.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i've called several places. i'm got a reservation in with tweeters of manassas for friday afternoon. they've done at least one sti. i purchased an alpine systems separately:

hu: cda-9815
amp: mrv-f450
front: spr-136a
rear: spr-134a
sub: 10" bazooka; passive

they quoted me:

install labor: $250
wires, etc: $170
dynamat 4 doors: $260

totals out to $680. this is the best i could find for what i needed. myer-emco (they say they've done two stis) quoted around $700 but couldn't do it til monday. cartrendz.com quoted $850.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got my system installed at tweeters manassas. it took 6hrs. i waited for it. :eek: i had my laptop to do work, there are several restaurants nearby, not to mention a ~$25k audio/video room with dvds and HDNet to relax in, so it was all good. :)

my tech was named henry. i'd highly recommend him. he was very professional, allowed me to take the couple pics of the install that i wanted and appeared very confident and knowledgeable.

the total job ended up costing about $100 more ($780 after tax) in labor because he had to do some cutting on the rear doors to make the speakers fit. i also asked if he could mount my amp to the back of the rear set. he had to reinforce that area, which required he pull out the back seats. in the end, i'm very happy with the job he did and my system sounds really good; plenty sufficient for my needs.

bottom line: if you're looking for a shop that has worked on the STi, tweeters of manassas has done at least two so far; mine and rdiamond, and we're both happy with the results.

·
Registered
983 Posts
4MLA1FN, where is the shop? can you give me address, phone# and website(if any)? If you don't mind, I'll tell them you recommend them to me. You have name?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i might give tweeters a try. so far i've check Sound Solutions and Myer-Emco. Sound Solutions is good, but seemed a bit hefty on the quote they gave me and i really don't want a sub-bass box sitting in my trunk which the guy is really stuck on giving me.

I want to keep my car simple with speakers in just the doors, but I want the maximum bass, mids and highs i can get from just that style of installation.

Myer-Emco almost had me sold, but the vibe i got from them wasn't too warm. It almost felt sorta stuck up and i felt judged. Little did they know I had plenty of $ to drop on them if they had better attitude. They served this white couple first that came in after me. Hahaha... Last time I got a snob attitude was from a dude back 2-3 Christmas ago at the World Trade Center. That thought just grossed me out. Anyway, I also stood their for 15 minutes waiting for service and had to ask the guy twice for service. I finally had to tell them, "hey, you have 7 minutes to get me service or i'm out". So they finally got someone.

Plus Myer-Emco was a bit too pricey, but i might go back because I really did the Boston Acoustic speakers and they do know what they are doing.

Anyway, I think i'm going to hit up Tweeters to see what they can offer me. What's the address?

Thanks ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts