IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

Simple post. Could someone recommend me a pitch stop mount that causes the least NVH? I'm going to have the TMIC off anyway, so I figured why not. Thanks all

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Why would you recommend Kartboy over Perrin user? Not that I have an issue with karboy at all, just curious. This car is for DD purposes, not so much track events.

Anyone ever used SuperPro?

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Hey guys/gals,

recommend me a pitch stop mount that causes the least NVH?

Stock

In order of increasing NVH
Stock
Group N
Perrin
Kartboy

OP: Least? If thats a major consideration don't change it at all.

Many others i haven't compared:
Cusco
Torque Solutions
Super Pro

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I have the torque solutions one and it didn't increase NVH too much. I very highly doubt that there is a significant difference in NVH between all of the metal ones. Group N will be the least noisy over stock.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

If anyone whos had superpro would care to comment specifically on the increased amount of NVH, thatd be great

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I went with a KB pitch mount because everyone knows yellow polyurethane is faster then black polyurethane. On the same token everyone also knows black polyurethane has less NVH then yellow polyurethane.

Seriously though I was going to recommend a look at the reviews at Rally Sport Direct, but after reading some I'm not sure I should.

I replaced my pitch mount at the same time I replaced every other bushing and mount in the car so I can't comment on individual performance. I know KB makes good stuff and I think maybe it was on sale which is why I bought it over another brand. It seems to do it's job just fine. Honestly, I'd be surprised if NVH between these mounts were anything more then a negligible difference.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think all of them are the same, just a piece of alluminum with some poly bushings, except the group N that's some plastic crap. get the one made by the company you like most and it will perform the same as any other....

·
Registered
761 Posts
I went with a kartboy just to support local business. I didn't notice any increased NVH, perhaps it's because of the stock engine and transmission mounts I had at the time of install.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
I think all of them are the same, ... and it will perform the same as any other....

Sure they're more or less the same but different rubber or poly and different amounts of it. Different metal designs too. examples a know well. The Perrin is softer and heavy - at least one version if it. The Kartboy is very light with hard poly.

Ya know all cars are the same they're just metal . . . Just . . . Oh never mind

·
Registered
31 Posts
Question, as any vendor actually done analysis against stock or SPT? I have not seen anything that talks to strain stress deflection elongation etc. It is easy to CNC a piece of metal, bushings and sell it. Again just looking for someone to show me the details.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
No. They don't need to. All the metal ones are strong "enough". That leaves NVH, weight and cost to make a choice.

Added: for that matter even the non-metal stock and Group N are strong enough for most cars.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Kartboy :tup:
X2.

I've had my KB pitch stop installed prior to installing group n motor mounts and also in conjunction with group n motor mounts. The pitch stop adds next to no NVH during driving. However, while starting your car you hear the starter a little more. Once the engine gets going you'll hear nothing.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I run SuperPro and have had the stock and a built motor. My NVH increasers were the shifter bushings and not the trans/motor mounts and pitchstop.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info everyone. I ended up going with superpro. I just have one question- what can happen if you overtorque the bolts for the mount? I didn't overtorque them much, just another 1/2 turn or so. The recommended ft/lbs (43 firewall, 37 engine) didn't seem as tight as they were when it was all coming off

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It's better to properly torque a bolt/nut while using the appropriate loctite rather then over-torque it because you feel like it will come loose. I reassembled my entire car using this method.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts