IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any one knows of any places here in germany to buy a set of recaro's, it is to much of a pain to ship to frankfurt and do all the paper work BS.. i just went through all that for my new bumper, wasnt worth it. I am looking for some ware with in a 5hr radius from bitburg but has to be in germany since i dont have my passport yet

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I know one of the Recaro factories is here in K-town, but is closing down due to the economy situation... I also heard there was a store front somewhere around here also, I will ask my German workers tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
.: RECARO :.

you see the word Postleitzahl? Fill in your 5 Digit Postleitzahl, and you will see the nearest dealer. Don´t forget to fill out what you search, PKW Sportsitze and/or PKW Rennschalen

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks guys

hey silentspeed, man i was impressed with the new STi there was one at the ring on sunday and that car was doing very well, you should have gone up there. i did 8 laps and there wasnt much traffic at all. i think next weekend i'll be back up there if you wanna go. i am going to buy a season pass.

joe

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I have to work next weekend we start our UCI, finally... Then I hit the last week before the wife gives birth to our second boy, but after that I will make a trip up there with you...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
cool thanks guys

hey silentspeed, man i was impressed with the new STi there was one at the ring on sunday and that car was doing very well, you should have gone up there. i did 8 laps and there wasnt much traffic at all. i think next weekend i'll be back up there if you wanna go. i am going to buy a season pass.

joe
Why did you skip SPA? Not looking for spec-c seats anymore?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why did you skip SPA? Not looking for spec-c seats anymore?

naw man i been thinking about it and did some driving lately i want a nice brand new set of recaro's instead.

i didn't know about the SPA, so i went to the ring instead it was a good day anyway got alot of good driving tips from a pro driver that was there.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
naw man i been thinking about it and did some driving lately i want a nice brand new set of recaro's instead.

i didn't know about the SPA, so i went to the ring instead it was a good day anyway got alot of good driving tips from a pro driver that was there.

Those seats are for someone my size..anyways.

Are you going to hit up any trackdays? There were 2 different threads on SPA, I dont know how you could have missed them.

I will post up more trackdays soon..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just dont ever really use the forum to much and i went to the rings home page and didnt see anything else going on.

yeah i am allways down for track days even more as soon as my newest tires get here

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what tires are those?

well i am getting a set of toyo proxy 888's it is a semi slick, and i am considering gettting a set of BF Goodrich G-Force R1's also. i just dont wanna tear up my REO1R's or my volk wheels, since i have 3 sets of wheels anyway i am gonna have 2 sets with just track tires only.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
well i am getting a set of toyo proxy 888's it is a semi slick, and i am considering gettting a set of BF Goodrich G-Force R1's also. i just dont wanna tear up my REO1R's or my volk wheels, since i have 3 sets of wheels anyway i am gonna have 2 sets with just track tires only.
Yeah..I have a set of 888's in the garage. I will be on them at Weeze Airfield.

I should be getting some more slicks next month.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah..I have a set of 888's in the garage. I will be on them at Weeze Airfield.

I should be getting some more slicks next month.

do you like the 888's? any bad side of the tires? wet traction probly sucks though huh? look at the BFG's slicks they look nice but think it maybe to much tire for a subaru

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
do you like the 888's? any bad side of the tires? wet traction probly sucks though huh? look at the BFG's slicks they look nice but think it maybe to much tire for a subaru
The 888's are good for rough surfaces and longevity...so the Ring and Airports are good.

Now when it comes to real tracks I stick to my Michelin Slicks. As you can see in that short clip jorg posted.

(I have a set of yoko slicks that you can try out for $400 if you want) You should get two track days out of them.

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
If that is what they call them over here... they look like this

yes, these aren´t available in the aftermarket, but I´ve talked with a recaro dealer in Hilden yesterday. These seats are nearly the same as this one

if you can wait a month, maybe I´m able to show you something sweet;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts