IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some questions about Recaro seats + Sparco brackets...

1. Can Recaro seats be mounted on Sparco brackets w/o any modification to the brackets?

2. If so, do I use Recaro slider or Sparco slider?

3. If not, what modification would make it work?

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... so they will work? Anyone know for sure? :) Thanks for the help anyway, guys.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool! Thanks a lot. Should I get Sparco sliders or Recaro sliders? Also, how do you like speeds? I'm thinking of getting those as well in black vinyl/blue cloth.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ESsTeAEyEe said:
I love them..
That's great to hear... There actually is a great deal on NASIOC for a pair of Speeds in black with blue lettering. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get those... :)

Anyway, which sliders should I use???? :p

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
yeah i just got my seats, im using recaro side rail, slider and sparco bracket

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!! I guess I'll go ahead and order some Recaro Speeds now :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would suggest using bride rails, as they are a stronger and more simple design. Also Sparco bracketry stacks upon one another causing the mounting point to be very high, whereas with the bride it is all one peice (rail and slider) and you can mount the seat much lower. I have the Bride FG bracket on my car. This of course is all from my own experience with sparco and bride brackets. Installing a sparco evo seat on sparco slider rail and bracket in my friends EVO MR was a chore, it ended up far too high and slider was flimsy. Also these were full bucket seat installs.

Let us know how your install goes :), hope everything goes well, goodluck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts