IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had previously installed the Sparco Evo 2 seat in my 2008. Out of all the buckets seats I've installed in my project cars like Sparco Ultra, Sparco Fighter, and Bride Artis, the Evo 2 is the most comfortable. It is the biggest seat I've ever sat in. The problem with the seat is it's too big to fit in the STI. No matter how you align it, it will hit the b pillar, or hit the seat belt mount by the center console. I wanted a seat that was comfortable and would fit. Some of the members on IWSTI have said the Recaro Pole Position was comfortable and fits really well in the STI GD and GR. The seat is slightly more narrow than the EVO 2 so it feels snug. I'm 5'7" 180 lbs with a size 33 waist. I decided to use the Buddy Club low down rails for the install. My feet position with the Buddy Club rails are better for ease of heel toe, but now the dash is a little on the high side compared to stock and the EVO 2. The EVO 2 were side mounted on Sparco rails and mount on Wedge. Everything clears the seat belt mount and b pillar with the Recaro. They are almost as comfortable but I'm guessing they would be a nice ride in long trips as the EVO 2. I chose the leather suede combo as it's the closest to matching the GR interior. Overall, a great seat.

·
Registered
788 Posts
very nice. I am thinking of going that same course. Currently using a Sparco Evo 2 US. They just barely clear the B pillar. But I am sitting offset from the center of the steering wheel and I can't get them to move closer to the center console. Something a little narrower will help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One of my favorite seats, it's really common with the m3 guys actually. Super comfortable and light, great choice.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I just installed a sparco EVO 2 in my GD this weekend, and it is big. It barely fit in my car. In fact the only reason it does fit, is because I'm 5'8", and I straightened the seat all the way up. The left shoulder rests on the B-pillar. I can not slide it back any...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts