IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 2014 wrx. I was going to put on a downpipe and an accessport among other things. I was kinda iffy because every time i drive it it sounds like it has a rod knocking???. Not too loud but i hear it. It sounds like that and like an exhaust leak. Improbably being paranoid but every time i drive it my braing goes crazy! Anyways, i wanted to just open the bottom up and replace the bearings but thought why not just pull the motor and replace parts while im at it. Forged pistons and rods, bearings, springs and gaskets all around. Clutch while im at it. But i was wondering what else would i need to do? Basically a rebuild but dont know what else should i replace. Also, when i pull the motor what all would i have to get done to the block andheads? What machining would i have to get done to it? Thank you for any help!

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
The reason not to do it is because your are not going to rebuild without spending over $5K. Your car is running. It might only have an exhaust leak. If you want to rebuild determine a reason, a goal, a maximum cost, and what you are capable of in terms of time and effort, knowledge and again finances.

Oh, yeah, you would need "all that stuff" :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason not to do it is because your are not going to rebuild without spending over $5K. Your car is running. It might only have an exhaust leak. If you want to rebuild determine a reason, a goal, a maximum cost, and what you are capable of in terms of time and effort, knowledge and again finances.

Oh, yeah, you would need "all that stuff :)"
Thanks for the info. Im going to replace donut gasket and the gaske from turbo to downpipe before anything else in that case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts