Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Violence at the Detroit Auto Show

well poop. :lol: i just looked through the other pics i had and some show there is no wiper. so which is it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think the rest of the world is getting the rear wiper - a shame because it did come in handy on my '85 Celica and I do miss it on my WRX. No rear wiper, but I guess the N. America exclusive engine makes up for it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
4MLA1FN

Quick question. I too noticed that not every picture had a windshield wiper in the back. I noticed also that not all pictures have the side turn signal on the front fenders. Could you look at all the pictures that you have and check that. I would really like the turn signals, and the rear wiper wouldn't be to bad either. But there are so many different pictures that I don't know which one's are accurate.

Thanks
Jared

·
Registered
146 Posts
The USDM models shown at Detroit and the Peterson museum do not have either rear wiper or side markers. The pics with those features are almost certainly JDM or Euro cars. I wish we got them both also. :cry:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zerepjd: markers do appear to co-occur with the rear wiper. prost893 was correct that these details appear on the jdm spec. i wish we could get both, but i'm not gonna nitpick.

·
Registered
575 Posts
well it sucks if u have a flat but i would say ditching the whole dounut and doing runflats are something or are they not performance enough? anyone know alot about the run flat offerings?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Do the donuts work with AWD? Sorry, I've never seen the spare on a WRX or an RS. It just seems like if they're smaller, one wheel/tire would be a different size than all the others and you'd be driving in circles. :wink:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Read the darker text:

If the puncture happens in front you are supposed to move the good tire from the rear up and use the spare there. And if you think about it you'll have to switch tires, unless they make 17" spares?

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Commercials revisited

Agent Chobos said:
Do the donuts work with AWD? Sorry, I've never seen the spare on a WRX or an RS. It just seems like if they're smaller, one wheel/tire would be a different size than all the others and you'd be driving in circles. :wink:
Yeah, you'd be making donuts :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Back to the rear wiper... Could you drill the glass with a special glass bit and install it? I know there are drill bits for glass only. And you could seal it with rubber washers and/or silicone. Right? A real PITA mod but WELL worth it.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Drill he window???

sure, i suppose you could do this mod, but would it really be worth it? what is the wiper going to give you for the time, effort and money put into doing this? I don't understand. I have a wiper on the back of our truck and its nice, but really not used that much since i use the side mirrors a lot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts