IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently own a 323 GTX and soon to get the 2004 STi. I am a true believer in the Subarus, owned several of them. My only issue with the STi is how large the rear wing is. I would like the stealth of not having such a large spoiler. Does anyone have a smaller spoiler or nothing at all. With my 323 GTX 4WD turbo I surprise alot of folks with its "modified" engine power in such a simply unflashy car, like I would like to do with the STi. Unfortunately, my son over boosted the 323 to over 20 psi and the engine is toast. Anyone have a solution to my spoiler issue. Thanks

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Don't take this wrong, not trying to be a jackass, but if you search there are several threads on this. Scuba Steve is one person here who has de-winged.

Short story, you'll need to swap trunks with an RS or WRX owner, or order a new trunk w/o wing.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
also not trying to be a dick, but my wingless post is like 2 threads down :p ...........ugh, i'm glad i got a few years(15) still until the kids go blowing my motors!! :lol: that sucks!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
twm323gtxsti said:
Currently own a 323 GTX and soon to get the 2004 STi. I am a true believer in the Subarus, owned several of them. My only issue with the STi is how large the rear wing is. I would like the stealth of not having such a large spoiler. Does anyone have a smaller spoiler or nothing at all. With my 323 GTX 4WD turbo I surprise alot of folks with its "modified" engine power in such a simply unflashy car, like I would like to do with the STi. Unfortunately, my son over boosted the 323 to over 20 psi and the engine is toast. Anyone have a solution to my spoiler issue. Thanks
you could swap trunks with an RS, take the wing off and fill the holes with color matched stops or something, there are a bunch of different options you could take. Some people are even willing to pay YOU to swap your trunk for their RS (wingless) trunk. So just look around, Im sure you'll find something.

Robert~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts